James Reid's music label Careless Music Manila (CMM) is dropping a new album at midnight on October 12, and we have no chill! It'll be called Careless Mixtape, and it's a collaboration among seven artists: James, Nadine Lustre, Sofia Romualdez, Massiah, Curtismith, Kingwaw, and Astrokidd. Here's what we know so far—and if you're not intrigued yet, get this: Nadine wrote a song!
1. ICYDK, James is the CEO of Careless Music Manila. He shared on Tonight With Boy Abunda: “I really wanted my own label so I can have my own creative freedom." Why "Careless Music?" James explained, "It started as an inside joke. A lot of people—haters I guess, used to call me careless a lot. So I decided to use it."
2. The seven artists started working on Careless Mixtape in April 2018.
3. Palm Dreams is the first album under CMM. According to Viva Entertainment's website (Viva Records produced James' earlier albums James Reid and Reid Alert), James "wrote all the songs in it, topping several charts, even making it to the Asia Pop 40. He was even chosen to perform at the recent Asia League Fest held in Macau."
4. Nadine co-directed "The Life" from James' Palm Dreams album with film director Petersen Vargas. Watch it here:
5. CMM also produced the album of one of James' good friends, Bret Jackson.
6. Nadine Lustre released a single under CMM titled "St4y Up" which she co-wrote:
7. Careless Mixtape will have 15 original tracks, divided into "Side A" and "Side B":
8. A track from Side A was released on May 11, 2018:
9. "Right There" from Side B was released on June 29, 2018.
10. "I Like It" from Side A was written by Nadine! Bret tweeted that he believes it'll be one of the biggest hits in Careless Mixtape!
11. On Tuesday, October 9, Careless Mixtape's artists held a listening party at Bank Bar, BGC. Here's a post by one of the collaborators, Sofia Romualdez:
And here are video snippets of James singing at the party!
Looks like Nadz had fun as well!
Careless Mixtape drops at MIDNIGHT on October 12 via Spotify and iTunes. Can't wait to listen to all 15 tracks!