ABS-CBN actress Jane De Leon landed her biggest role yet: She's the new Darna. Star Cinema's superhero reboot is an origin/coming-of-age story of Darna, so it's fitting for them to cast a fresh face for the role. Jane has actually been in showbiz for a couple of years. Some of her recent projects include Halik and Showtime. Before she becomes a household name, here are some facts about our new, badass Darna:
1. Jane was born on November 22, 1998.
The Darna star is turning 21 years old this year. Here's a sweet #throwback to her debut in 2016:
2. She was most recently seen on the small screen in Halik.
Jane played the role of Maggie, Jericho Rosales' sister, in Halik, one of ABS-CBN's top-rated teleseryes. It ran from August 2018 to April 2019.
3. She was linked to her Halik co-star Gab Lagman!
Gab set the record straight in a January 2019 interview on Tonight With Boy Abunda, saying that he and Jane are just really "good friends."
4. She starred in a horror film with Sue Ramirez.
5. She played a moonchaser in the KathNiel supernatural series, La Luna Sangre.
The moonchasers were a group of young men and women who fought to save mortals from vampires. Here's Jane with her La Luna Sangre co-stars Patrick Sugui, Kyle Verches, Joshua Cote, and Daniel Padilla at the 2017 Star Magic Ball.
6. She's part of the Showtime girl group, Girltrends!
Being in a girl group means you need to have ace performance skills. Here's a clip of Jane shredding it during dance practice:
7. Her showbiz friends are Elisse Joson and Sofia Andres.
Here's a sweet snap of the trio at 2018's ABS-CBN Ball!
8. She has her own YouTube channel!
Although Jane has only two published videos on her channel, you'll still get to know a few fun facts about her! Some interesting Jane trivia: her full name is Jane Florence Benitez De Leon, she is deathly afraid of lizards, she doesn't like wearing pink clothes but likes having pink ~things~ around her, and she doesn't like drinking soda or juice!
Follow Jacinda on Instagram.