The Philippines has undoubtely had its fair share of wins when it comes to international beauty pageants.
After Megan Young took home the crown in 2013, Filipino-Scottish Catriona Elisa Magnayon Gray became a strong contender for the title as she made waves in the pageant. Here are 11 reasons why she was a crowd favorite and why she makes us proud:
1. She knows how to work her angles
2. She manages to have fun despite her busy schedule.
3. She looks stunning in a bikini
4. And even in a one-piece swimsuit!
5. She values friendship.
6. She helps promote the beauty of the Philippines through her travels.
7. She's super fierce!
8. But is also a free spirit.
9. She believes in change and is actually doing something about it.
10. She encourages others to keep going.
11. And she looks stunning wearing a crown!
This story originally appeared on Femalenetwork.com.
* Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.