1. The flower on the cover of New Moon is a ruffled tulip. When asked about it, Stephenie Meyer reportedly said that she doesn't know what the tulip means. Some attempted to explain it using legends, like the one where the flower was said to have come from the blood of a Persian youth named Farhad. For every drop of his blood that trickled to the ground, a tulip bloomed. Later on, it became the symbol of his passionate love for his maiden who died before him--which is in some way related to New Moon's plot.
2. Stephenie Meyer explained that she picked the title "New Moon" because this is the phase of the moon wherein the darkest of nights occurs--much like the darkest point in Bella's life, when Edward left her at Forks in the story.
3. The actors who played the Wolf Pack had to have papers proving their native descent before they got cast for their roles, said director Chris Weltz to USA Today. Chaske Spencer's (Sam Uley) tribe is Lakota, Bronson Pelletier's (Jared) is Cree-Meetis, Alex Meraz's (Paul) is Purepecha (Tarasco), Kiowa Gordon's (Embry Call) is Hualapai, and Tyson Houseman's (Quil Ateara) is Cree.
4. Before filming started, the wolf pack worked out to build up their bodies and bond with each other, revealed Chaske Spencer. "They got us a trainer. It was a guy who helped out on 300. They threw us into the training for maybe an hour and 10 minutes, and it was a lot of circuit training and muscle confusion."
5. Jamie Campbell Bower, who was cast as Caius of the Volturi, originally auditioned for the role of Edward Cullen, he revealed in this video. Incidentally, both Bower and Robert Pattinson are part of different Harry Potter movies. Pattinson was Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Meanwhile, Bower will be seen as Gellert Grindelwald in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, which will be released next year.
6. Here's a Kristen Stewart tidbit lifted from KristenStewartWeb.com: Her natural eye color is green so she had to wear brown contacts to match Bella Swan's eye color.
7. In an interview with MTV, Robert Pattinson revealed that his favorite book from the Twilight series is New Moon.
8. The first movie, Twilight, was shot in Portland, Oregon. For the second, New Moon, though, location was moved to Vancouver, British Columbia in Canada. Of course, David Brisbin, who was the production designer, made sure that the new set would look exactly like the one in the first movie.
9. New Moon was mostly centered on Bella and Jacob's growing friendship, so there were a lot of scenes set in Jacob's house. Producers obsessed about finding the perfect shack, said Brisbin to MoviesOnline. They found one but it was green, so they had to repaint it red to match Meyer's description in the book.
10. Robert Pattinson said in FanBolt.com that his most favorite scene in the movie is the break-up scene Edward Cullen and Bella Swan. On the other hand, Kristen Stewart described the same scene as the scariest thing. "It was hard. It was really intimidating," she told CelebrityMania.com.