You know how this time last year you were like "I'm gonna get my shit together and 2014 is gonna be MY year" and then it wasn't? Or at least, it wasn't to the full extent that it could've been? Well, screw 2014, 2015 is where it's AT.
Right now, in this moment, you will embrace all of the ways in which you will totally and completely kick ass in 2015. We're here to help. Let's go.
1. Don't sign up for a gym membership you will never use.
This is the realest of all real things on this list. If you know, in your heart of hearts, that you will not use the gym, don't waste your money on it and figure out the exercise you DO enjoy.
2. Don't go to brunch with people you hate.
You should never brunch with people you hate. That is the devil's work and you should stop immediately. 2015 is the year you only brunch with people who make you feel like the golden goddess you are. Sunday + good people + waffles the size of your face = living your Best Life.
3. Ditch the friend who tries to make you feel bad.
Maybe her life just sucks or maybe she's jealous of you or maybe she's had sand in her vagina for 25 years. It doesn't matter. It's not your problem and you will never fix or change this person.
4. No more weekday hangovers because you're too old for that shit.
Limit your weeknight drinking to two drinks and your life will blossom in front of you like so many roses in the springtime.
5. Read at least one book that mentally or spiritually enriches you a month.
And also one book that's trash and you love it.
6. Save up for a trip.
Because you want to see the birthplace of the Renaissance, and snowboard down a powdery Tahoe mountain, and get a cheap-ass massage while sipping a Mai Tai on a tropical beach. And you deserve to. So start a fund and start it today.
7. Stop lying to yourself about that one person in your life and let it go.
You know who I'm talking about.
8. Call your mom before she calls you sometimes.
And while you're at it, tell your mom or dad or whoever raised you that you love them and thanks for making you a (mostly) functional member of society.
9. If you're single, ditch the guy who can't make plans with you or who can't commit.
True fact: You deserve someone who's available to hang out before midnight and with clothes on.
10. If you're attached, text your significant other right now and say, "I love you, thank you for being you."
And also ask them if they can maybe stop by the grocery store on the way home and get you some of those dark chocolate truffles you love so much THANKS YOU'RE THE BEST, BABE.
11. Splurge on concert tickets instead of a new item of clothing.
Experiences are worth more than things, every time. (Unless that thing is a $45 hat for your cat because that level of cuteness is worth a trip to the moon and back.)
12. Stop feeling guilty about spending P3,000/month on Starbucks.
Your half-half extra-hot White Chocolate Mocha makes you feel good and you'll never get up early enough to make coffee at home. Besides, who will pour a metric ton of caramel in your coffee before misspelling your name every damn time? That barista NEEDS you.
13. Buy a hot-ass freakum dress and wear it to da club.
Be ridiculous and shameless and have the best fucking time. Then come home, throw up forever, hug your cat, and swear: "never again."
14. Be earnest.
Being cool and not giving AF is so 2000 and late. You want that job or that man? Go get it.
15. Make a meeting with your boss to discuss your future at the company.
Make a plan and follow up. Show initiative.
16. Write thank you notes.
To job interviewers, birthday gift givers, and to your grandparents. Especially your grandparents. Grandparents LOVE thank you notes.
17. Call people instead of texting sometimes.
Again, especially your grandparents. They don't have time for that texting shit! My mom once told me a phone call is worth 50 texts. Considering how much I text, that's not that much, but you know. Call your mom. Call her right now.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.