1. You should come with a warning sign that says "Don't speak to me between the hours of 3-5pm."
Get back to me after I've had my merienda.
2. You've definitely started an unnecessary argument with your BFF/boyfriend over something insignificant and you both know it was because you were hungry.
3. Hanger apology texts happen more than you care to admit.
"I'm sorry for the things I said. Gutom lang talaga kasi ako."
4. You make a regular habit of eating food while you're waiting for other food purely for your own—and other people's—sanity.
That's what starters, appetizers and mini bags of Doritos are for, right?
5.You can't explain the sheer RAGE that overcomes you when a waiter brings out food at a restaurant and it's not for your table.
Is this some kind of sick joke?
6. Waiting for a table at a restaurant for more than 10 minutes doesn't go down well in your world.
You'd rather just go home and order food in (which will probably take longer anyway but y'know.)
7. But then again, you've probably used being hangry as an excuse for when you were actually just pissed off for no apparent reason.
8. You've come to the conclusion that food is usually the answer to most of your emotional struggles.
We've gone way past comfort eating and into the zone of "eating to cure everything."
9. Things seriously escalate if you happen to be tired too.
Is there a worse combination than hungry, tired and angry? We're gonna go ahead and say no.
10. The hour before lunch is basically the slowest time has ever moved—and you feel like you might constantly be on the edge of cracking and being a moody bitch.
11. You don't understand how people say they just "forget" to eat or skip a meal out of choice without turning into the incredible Hulk.
12. Most of your bad moods can be turned around easily with a snack.
Or five. Bring five snacks and we'll be happy as a clam in no time.
13. You can almost feel your mood increasing as you eat.
Surely that's a sign hunger and being sad are linked and therefore chocolate should be readily available at every opportunity. Ahem.
14. Hanger pains are a thing that happen and they involve both emotional and physical pain.
Stomach rumbling + emotional TURMOIL.
15. You don't even attempt diets because you know you'll be cranky AF.
16. You can't think of a time you've achieved anything of note on an empty stomach.
It just doesn't happen.
17. Dinner dates are probably a really bad idea for you because if you're going out for supper, the chances are you're gonna be hungry before hand and we all know what that means.
18. You're at your best when you've got a full stomach and you're 97% sure everybody you've ever come across would agree.
Does that mean they all need to buy you lunch or what?
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.co.uk. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.