- Before joining the show, PBB Double Up's Big Winner, motormouth Melisa "Melai" Cantiveros from GenSan, was actually training to be...a teacher? We're not kidding! The newly minted millionaire was taking up a course in Education before she found fame (and love) on the small screen.
- Speaking of love and education, Melai's boyfriend, PBB Double Up Third Big Placer Jason Francisco, actually took up Nursing for a semester but realized that it wasn't his calling.
- When asked whether she was still a virgin, Melai wittily replied, "Noon po, pero ngayon, hindi na!" Did Jason know? Yes! Does he care? No! "Bago pa naging kami, ang dami na niyang naikuwento sa akin." The Boy Astig of Mindoro is confident in their relationship. "Hindi naman po sa pagmamayabang, pero alam ko na sa akin na talaga si Isay," he said.
- Was Melai on the lookout for love in the Big Brother House? Nope! But she did have crushes on a lot of her other housemates, including Kenny Ortega and second placer Paul Jake Castillo (who she later found out, much to her disappointment, was still going strong with his girlfriend of three years). Surprisingly, Jason wasn't one of those crushes. "Hindi ko talaga naging crush si Jason kasi maliit siyang lalaki."
- Sources say Melai's crush, Cebuano Paul Jake Castillo, might have actually been ahead in the PBB polls, regardless of the fact that he comes from a rich family (and thus, he does not really need the prize money). That is, until the public found out he had a long-term girlfriend back home. Was he disappointed by the drop in support? Apparently not. "I can't please everybody. Sorry na lang," the PBB Double Up Second Big Placer said. Sorry girls, he's definitely staying with his non-showbiz girlfriend.
In photo, from left: Tibo Jumalon, 5th placer; Jason Francisco; Melai Cantiveros; Paul Jake Castillo; Johan Santos, 4th placer.
Continue reading below ↓