It's that time of the year again—sleigh bells are ringing, (fake) snow is glistening, and Jose Mari Chan is on repeat. 'Tis the season to be merry! Some people, however, have more reasons to be happy (or not). Here, nine things only December babies will understand.
1.Your birthday present is also your Christmas gift.
It's more expensive naman daw, says your tita. Sure.
2. Celebrating your birthday is hard.
Everyone is either on vacation or has already RSVP-ed to a Christmas party. In fact, the only way you can celebrate with all your friends is if you host the annual barkada Christmas party yourself.
3. And forget about eating out!
During this time of the year, almost all of the good places are already fully booked.
4. If you do get to reserve a table, all of your guests are bound to be late.
No one can escape Christmas carmaggedon.
5. Your birthday photos aren't any different from your Christmas photos.
Laging may Christmas tree or parol sa background.
6. Wala kang pera.
Because you're playing Santa, just like everyone else.
7. It's not your special day.
Never ka magiging bida because Jesus.
8. But all that hardly matters because you're reminded of what's really important.
And that's the fact that you share the same birth month as Britney Spears, Taylor Swift, Lucy Liu, Amanda Seyfried, Julianne Moore, Mary, Queen of Scots, Sara Bareilles—all amazing women in their own right.
9. Okay, kidding aside, being a December baby is awesome!
There is kindness and goodness around you. Seeing all that makes you even more grateful for what you have—friends, family, freedom, love. Merry Christmas! Happy Birthday, December baby!
This story originally appeared on Femalenetwork.com.
* Minor edits have been made by Cosmo.ph editors