1. Being chosen to be a bridesmaid in the first place.
It's a great honor to be offered a huge role in a friend’s wedding; it means she values your friendship so much that she would trust you to be there for her on one of the most important days of her life.
2. Making new friends among the wedding party.
Since your engaged friend is already pals with these folks, it’s no stretch to assume that you’ll get along with them, too. YES TO ALL OF THE FRIENDSHIPS!
3. All the get-togethers with the bride and your fellow bridesmaids.
The dress fittings, the bridal shower, the rehearsals, and all the meetings in between—it can get stressful having to devote so much time to your role as a bridesmaid, but hey, you get to hang out and swap gossip with some of your favorite people on earth! What's not to love?
4. Just being able to help the bride in her time of need.
Whether it's by accompanying her to meetings with suppliers or volunteering to design the invites for free, you get to help ease her worries and keep bridezilla at bay.
Nothing brings girlfriends closer together than shared titillation at a bachelorette party. As they say, what happens at the bachelorette party, stays at the bachelorette party! *wink* (Although you’ll all obviously talk about the male stripper with the huge package and the cheesy dance moves for days to come.)
6. Bridesmaid dresses that actually look good on you.
Bridesmaid dresses have earned a bad rap for being unflattering contraptions that no sane person would ever wear again. But then there are those bridesmaid dresses that look thebombdotcom once worn, you’ll feel like the heavens had opened up and the angels had smiled down on you.
7. Getting your hair and makeup done on wedding day.
Whatever the occasion is, it’s always a treat to sit back and be dolled up by the pros. (As long as they don't get so carried away, you barely recognize the person staring back at you in the mirror.)
8. Being the center of attention at the wedding (after the bride and groom, of course.)
Step aside, mere mortals in department store-bought clothes. Bridesmaid in sexy dress and fab makeup coming through.
9. Cute groomsmen in formalwear.
And when that cutie’s paired up with you for the wedding processional, it’s enough to make you believe in ~destiny~.
10. Prime seats at the wedding ceremony.
With the bridesmaids seated so close to the altar, you get a great view of the bride and groom fighting back tears and snot through their wedding vows. So sweet.
11. The all-out walwalan at the reception.
After months of helping the bride plan the perfect wedding and an entire day of struggling to breathe in your tight bustier dress, you earn the right to down shots, kick off your heels, and dance to Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off." Enjoy it.
12. Being able to observe a wedding closely and visualize how you'd plan your own nuptials.
Serving as bridesmaid is great preparation for anyone who wants to walk down the aisle as bride eventually. You get to assess how your friend handled her wedding and decide for yourself whether you’d like a large wedding or an intimate one, whether to get a live band or a DJ for the reception, and whether or not to hire a male stripper for your own bachelorette party, because damn, that night was cray!
13. The chance to get to know your friends better after spending all that time together.
All the moments you shared with the bride and your fellow bridesmaids—not to mention all the unspeakable things you found out about each other at the bachelorette party—will surely make you a closer bunch. Aww, group hug!
14. When the wedding photos come out and you look fantastic in them.
This only means one thing: Time for a Facebook profile picture change!
Follow Cheekie on Twitter.