1. You can have an amazing time hanging out for hours doing nothing, but they're also your favorite person to go to the club with.
Find a bestie who can do both.
2. They tell you the truth when you ask, "Should I post this?"
Your bestie soulmate isn't afraid to tell you when that selfie ain't cute.
3. When it comes to dating, you don't compete.
In fact, your BFF is your #1 wingwoman.
4. They don't judge you for your past mistakes.
Whether it be getting wasted and vomiting all over your crush or that time you accidentally talked shit about that girl when she was standing right behind you, your BFF has got your back. Not only will she not judge you, but she'll be real with you about what happened without making you feel embarrassed.
5. When one of you is upset, you're honest with each other about it.
Good communication is key! When your best friend does something to upset you, you both should be able to calmly and lovingly have a conversation about it.
6. You text each other the same amount.
You know it's ~true love~ when you don't have to feel self-conscious about sending your BFF 10 novel length texts in a row, because you know she'll send you at least that back.
7. You can be completely honest with them about the person they're dating.
It would be most likely unacceptable for your other friends to tell you if they aren't feeling your new man, but when your ~true~ bestie does it, you know it's coming from a place of pure love and concern.
8. You guys are ~peak~ annoying when you're around each other.
You can't help but be total idiots together when you're in public, because you just have so much fun. And everyone ~always~ stares at you for laughing too loud.
9. You always know what to do to cheer your BFF up.
Whether you're bringing over beers after a breakup or getting their favorite food after a rough day at work, you both are there for each other.
10. You're having fun even when you're not having fun.
While dishing about your deepest fears and issues may be intense, when you're with your ~bestie soulmate~ it manages to be fun. Just because you're hanging out with her. And she's the best.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.co.uk. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.