1. Their closets are a magical mall where everything is free and you can take as much as you want (as long as they're not in there) (never go in there when they're in there).
Your sisters are the reason you always had newish clothes and never had to repeat an outfit, and for that, you're forever grateful. It wasn't always a pleasant experience and oftentimes included, "What the fuck, that's my top. Take it off!". But that lasted for, like, 10 seconds, and then they were over it and you left the house looking cute AF. Even now when you live in your own apartments, all it takes is texting your sister to say you need her blue top for a date on Friday and it's yours.
2. Whenever you need to vent, you have a squad of people ready to listen, and everything you say will be kept safe in their Vault of Sister Secrets.
When you call your sisters to bitch about how annoying Sam is being and that you're so over her crap, it's not going to get back to Sam. Ever. Your sisters are like an extension of you, and you're not going to go and tell your own secrets, so everything is safe with them. So much respect for the *VaUlT oF sIsTeR-SeCrEtS*~.
3. They make the boring and not-fun things actually fun.
A 10-hour car ride to a family reunion (plus the reunion itself) is much more tolerable because of your sisters. Blasting Taylor Swift + stalking the guy you made sappy messages about in high school = the best.
4. If there's family drama or you just got into an argument with your mom, your sisters are there to help figure out the next steps.
Fire up the ol' 'Sisters <3<3' group chat because mom just hung up on you after you told her you and your boyf weren't coming to the family lunch. Your sisters know exactly what to say and how to handle the situation.
5. Speaking of arguments—your sisters are a built-in team of defense attorneys ready to fight for you.
When you were in grade school, your sisters didn't let Trina get away with making fun of your freckles. When you were in high school, your sisters told your parents that you had every right to go to that party because you were smart and made good decisions (even if you didn't). And now, your sisters (hopefully) won't fight your boss when it comes to that promotion you want, but they will give you the confidence to help you fight for yourself. No matter what or who comes at you, you and your sisters are the ultimate fucking dream team.
6. Whenever you're together, it's a party.
Even if it's just you stopping by your sister's house for a glass of wine. One sister stopping by turns into another sister stopping by, which turns into all of the sisters drinking wine and getting tipsy on a Tuesday night. It's the best.
7. There is no group of people who want to see you succeed more than they do.
Nothing beats calling your sisters to tell them all of the good things you have going on in your life. Nothing beats getting a call from your sister and hearing all of the good things she has going on in her life. Sisters are genuinely happy for each other—they don't see it as "bragging"; they see it as you owning your accomplishments. You can't help but want to tell everyone you see that your sister is doing so well and she just got a new job and is killing it!
8. You've gone through some of the hardest times together, and it only made you closer.
No matter how ugly life gets—your extended family turned out to be dicks, your grandma passing away, dealing with an illness—you go through it with the greatest support system of all. Your sisters are the only people who felt the same exact pain that you felt, the same anger, the same sadness, and they're also the only people who know how to make that go away.
9. Even when what they're saying pisses you off, you know that it's because they have your best interests at heart.
If your friends say they think Drew is a dickhead who doesn't deserve you, you might be like, They're just jealous because we are so in love!!! When your sisters tell you Drew is a dickhead who doesn't deserve you, you're like, Oh shit. Boy, bye. Sisters tell you the truth, and no matter how blind you'd like to be to that that truth, you know it's exactly what you needed to hear.
10. They're the reason you became an aunt.
It is the best gift they have ever given you, and you love them even more because of it. Every time your 4-year-old niece tells you that you look beautiful, your heart bursts into a million pieces, and you want to hug your sister for creating and raising this adorable human.
11. They're built-in best friends that you'll have forever.
The only people in the world that you can absolutely hate and love at the same time are your sisters. Regardless of how tough life gets and how difficult you can be to one another, you love the shit out of each other.
Follow Danielle on Twitter.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.