- "Are you kidding? I'm having such a blast being single!"
- "I'm still in the process of screening applicants. Haven't met anyone deserving, e."
- "E ba't ikaw meron pa rin? Tsk, tsk, tsk." (with a very sad, disapproving face)
"So, when are you getting married?" (asked in front of a guy on your second date)
- "Fast forward naman! We're dating pa lang, e."
- "Oh, we already are!" (Then steer your new boy away from the conversation and tell him to ride along.)
- "After you." (You'll make your point especially to a non-hitched friend.)
- "It just wasn't meant to be."
- "He met a new guy and they're in love."
- "His loss. He decided to give up the only thing good about him."
- "Really? I'm pretty sure I snagged the best."
- "Because he treats me better than all the crushes-ng-bayan or heartthrobs I've dated before."
- "Oo nga, you're right. So how do you survive with [name of person’s boyfriend/husband]? Any tips?"
- "That's because he can't stand being away from me."
- "Gorgeous birds of the same feather flock together."
- "Whew! Buti na lang may itsura siya!"
All In A Day's Work
"You know, you look like [some so-unattractive person]."
- "Really? Am I really that striking?"
- "Wow, thanks! I’m sure she'll take that as a compliment."
- "Oo nga, e. Buti na lang new and improved version."
- "Yes and I love it. I can't imagine doing anything else."
- "Yup. It's so fun to be shallow talaga!"
- "Inggit ka?"
- "It's called skill." (Then smile confidently.)
- "Money management is part of my job responsibility."
- "Why? Can't you survive with yours?"
- "My hard work paid off."
- "Yes. I worked really hard on it. Isn't it impressive?"
- "Aren't you proud?"
- "It's open for your revision, sir."
- "No, sir. It's a draft. I just wanted your opinion so I could make sure I was on the right track."
- "It's actually based on your astounding, expert example."
- "At least I tried my best."
- "Well, there's always a next time."
- "I knew you couldn't either."
Too "Feeling Close" For Comfort
"Alam mo, papayat/pataba/paputi/paitim ka nga!"
- "I'm happy as I am. Thank you."
- "At least pretty, 'di ba?"
- "Tara! Sabay tayo!"
- "Ikaw, parehong-pareho pa rin."
- "Excuse me. Do I know you?"
- "Ikaw naman. Don't you ever get tired of the same joke?"
- "Nakarami ka na, ah. Don't let me start on you."
- "Ok lang 'no. Tara, libre kita ng Brazilian wax."
- "Okay. Try ko and I'll let you know."
- "Uy! Same boat na tayo?"
- "I'm scared. Mukhang hindi effective, e."
During Everyday Encounters
"Ma'am, bili na kayo. May double XL po kami."
- "Thanks, but no thanks."
- "Ay sayang! Medium lang ako, e."
- "Buti merong size mo."
- "Of course. I so deserve it."
- "Yup, and I got you something. Here, o." (Sabay abot ng pasalubong)
- "Huh? Shoplifted lahat 'to."
"Miss, ano? Bibili ba kayo?" (impatient sales persons)
- "Bigyan mo muna akong discount."
- "Sana...pero parang ang sungit mo, e. Huwag na lang."
- "Bakit? Naiinip ka na?"
- "Thanks. I knew you'd love it."
- "You want, yours na lang?"
- "Thanks. Hirap kasi to have a model's body, e."
- "Naks! Friends talaga tayo."
- "We both have good taste then."
- "Does it look as good on you, too?"