- Carlo Aquino is now single! Everyone's childhood crush admitted that he and his girlfriend of six years, Kristine Nieto, are taking some time apart: "Wala, ayun, ganun, hindi ako makapagsalita. Okay naman, tinitingnan lang namin kung anong pwedeng mangyari."
If you grew up following Carlo, then you know that he and Angelica Panganiban used to be a love team. Now that he's single, some fans couldn't help but wonder if there's any chance of the two reuniting off-screen, to which he said, "Magkaibigan kami 'nun eh, t'saka baka kung ano pang… Ayaw kong masira 'yung meron kami ngayon."
- We all know Maja Salvador is dating a non-showbiz guy. She revealed this in August 2017 on Tonight With Boy Abunda. Maja told PEP more details, "Kabarkada ko naman 'yun—high school friend, high school classmate."
She continued, "Lumalabas kami, pero siguro kasi sanay na 'yung tao na nandun siya sa group ko kasi magkaibigan na kami for fifteen years." Maja divulged, "Iba 'yung foundation. 'Yung friendship buung-buo. Kung anong nangyayari sa mundo niya, nangyayari sa mundo ko. Maraming napag-uusapan." [PEP]
We can't wait to find out who the lucky guy is!
- JC Santos' ex-girlfriend Kristine Villanueva has some not-so-nice words to say about their recent breakup. Kristine posted on Instagram:
In the comment section, some people still rooted for the two to patch things up. Kristine responded to one comment: "He can't be trusted. So..NO, there's no way we're getting back together. Thanks for the message."
Another comment alluded to a relationship between JC and his stylist, to which Kristine said, "She's just one of the many." [PEP]
- Things got tense when Robin Padilla grilled a Korean contestant on Pilipinas Got Talent. Kim Jiwan auditioned as a magician. Though born in Korea, Jiwan said he is Filipino at heart: "My [dad brought] me, my mom, my older brother to Manila. The Philippines is basically my home and I want to live here for the rest of my life." When he was asked if he knew how to speak Tagalog, Jiwan said, "In international schools, they don't teach me."
This seemed to irritate Robin. When Jiwan asked if Robin could help with his act, Robin replied, "I'm very sorry. You cannot use me...Firstly, mag-Tagalog ka muna bago mo ako kausapin." Robin eventually agreed to participate, but when Jiwan continued to speak English, Robin was annoyed: "Tagalog nga, e. Hijo, Pilipinas Got Talent. Mag-Tagalog ka kasi magmumukha kaming katawa-tawa kung magi-Ingles kami dito para sa iyo."
Vice Ganda added, "You owe yourself the learning [of Tagalog]. It is your social obligation to learn the language of the Philippines because you are living in the Philippines." Later on, Robin told Jiwan, "Salamat sa pag-ibig mo sa aming ka-uri, sa aming kalahi. Respeto ko nasa iyo. Pasensya ka na kasi mayroon akong kakilalang Koreano, si Ryan Bang, na mas magaling pang mag-Tagalog sa akin, kaya nabigla ako na hindi ka marunong mag-Tagalog. Pasensya ka na, anak, nadisiplina ka lang ng tatay mo. 'Yun na lang isipin mo. Nadisiplina ka lang ng tatay mong Pilipino. Napahanga mo ako kasi under pressure ka, nagawa mo pa rin yung trick." [PEP]
- Dakota Johnson and Chris Martin are reportedly dating. The two were seen having dinner together on January 12. An eyewitness told People, "Chris and Dakota arrived together in Chris' car. They met up with friends and had a fun night. They both seemed very happy. They were flirty, and also left the restaurant together."
This isn't the first time they were seen together. Dakota and Chris were also seen on a sushi date in October 2017.
Follow Ysa on Instagram.