- Lauren Young opened up about her journey to body love in a touching Instagram post. She shared that she’s been struggling to lose weight for the past years, but it’s only now that she decided to be proactive about it. She said, “My doctor told me that I was already at risk for diabetes and I got a bulging disc because my body just couldn't handle my weight anymore. Today, I am clear from diabetes and do not experience pain in my back anymore.”
Lauren added that a ketogenic diet, home workouts, and yoga helped her body get to its healthier state. In her lengthy caption, she encouraged other girls to love and take care of their bodies for themselves:
“I've been doing keto, home
workouts,and yoga which have all helped me get to where I am today, but the most important change I've made in my life is learning about self-love and acceptance. Accepting that sometimes I will still struggle, accepting my insecurities and turning them into assets instead of flaws, accepting that cellulite isn't the worst thing in the world, accepting my body shape (#balakangbabe), accepting the help of those around me who only have my best interest at heart. But most importantly accepting that we all come in different shapes and sizes and at the end of the day you have to do workouts that work best for YOU and make YOU feel good. I've realized as I've gotten a year older thatabove everything else I have to take care of my health and the looks will follow.
Be proud of your accomplishments, even the little ones. But most importantly love and accept yourself—flaws included.”
Well said, Lauren. Well said.
- It’s no secret that Heart Evangelista has a penchant for Christian Louboutin shoes.
That's why we got kilig when Heart met the French shoe designer, Christian, at a fashion ball. They were seatmates at the dinner table, and they danced together, too! She described it as a “Cinderella moment.” Lucky girl.
- Chrissy Teigen announced her second pregnancy in the most adorable way. In her IG video post, she asked future big sis Luna what’s inside her belly, and the one-year-old said, “Baby!” Daddy John Legend can be heard laughing in the background after his daughter’s revelation. Take note of Chrissy’s witty caption, too, “Its John’s!” LOL.
- If you think running a marathon is boring or you’ve never joined one because of its early call time, maybe this will change your mind: Color Manila (CM) will have its third running event in Clark Parade, Pampanga on December 2, 2017, at 7 p.m. for its CM Blacklight Run.
Participants can choose from three distances: 3K, 5K, and 10K. Racing kits cost from P750 to P1,500, depending on its contents. Head to www.colormanila.com to register.
- QC-based peeps don’t need to head to Ayala Triangle Makati to see a dazzling light and sound show. Ayala Vertis Mall launched Vertis Northern Lights, where holiday-themed LED structures and sounds take place every evening. Apart from that, mall-goers can shop at Christmas bazaars, listen to Christmas carols, and enjoy other activities and promos.
Also, the lights and sounds show is now present in other Ayala land Estates, like Makati, Nuvali, Bonifacio Global City, Centrio-Cagayan de Oro, and Ayala Center Cebu.
Follow Ira on Instagram.