Headed to Manila? If you are, then it’s good to know that the Manila Police District’s Traffic Enforcement Unit (MPD-TEU) has advised motorists of the traffic rerouting in the city for the Black Nazarene thanksgiving procession on December 30.
According to a report from Inquirer.net, several roads will be closed starting at 8:30 a.m.:
- The southbound lane of Quezon Boulevard in Quiapo from A. Mendoza/Fugoso to Plaza Miranda
- España/P. Campa Lerma
- The eastbound lane of C.M. Recto from Rizal Avenue to SH Loyola Street
Alternative routes are as follows:
- Vehicles coming from Quezon City using southbound lane of Espana Avenue should turn right to P. Campa Street then turn left to A. Mendoza St., right to Fugoso Street, turn left to Rizal Avenue to point of destination.
- All vehicles intending to use Quezon Boulevard coming from A. Mendoza Street should turn right to Fugoso, left to Rizal Avenue to point of destination.
- All vehicles using eastbound lane of CM Recto coming from Divisoria should turn left to Rizal Avenue to point of destination.
In a separate report from GMANews, the MPD-TEU also said that the actual closing and opening of the affected roads will depend on traffic conditions on the day of the procession.
Follow Monina on Instagram.