1. He not so subtly tries to peep whenever you're texting. He might play it off like a joke, but you know he really cares. He's already in the room, so who else would you even want to text?
2. He wants an invite to everything you do. He'll tag along anywhere, even to the nail salon with you.
3. He almost punched a waiter once because he thought he was flirting. "Our cakes are delicious" isn't a euphemism, no matter how many times he tries to convince you otherwise. If he tries to pick fights with friendly strangers, that's a problem.
4. He always finds a reason to hate on your guy friends. He might not try to outright forbid you from speaking to another human male, but he will hold a grudge for no reason: "Oh, I hate Chris. Do you remember when he came over and finished the last of our milk? Do you remember? It doesn't seem like you remember." Or worse, convince you that they're no good. Maybe he'll try to get you to believe that they're all trying to sleep with you.
5. He criticizes your crop tops. He acts disappointed when you go out in something revealing, because he doesn't want anyone else to notice you.
6. He's constantly paranoid that you're up to something, even if you just stay an hour late at work. He's always jumping to conclusions or picking fights for the oddest reasons, because that's where his train of thought goes almost immediately.
7. He shows up to your place unannounced. This can be cute, but if he's always showing up to your apartment or your office without giving you a heads up, he might be trying to catch you cheating on him.
8. He's your shadow in public. When you go hang out at a bar or go to a party, he doesn't give you any space. He's pretty much there to make sure another guy doesn't talk to you.
9. He brings up comments people left on your Facebook wall or photos in conversation. He sees all your new posts, and he always knows exactly who liked or commented on it. He'll often find ways to ask you questions about those people, just to see if you have a history with them. He can't stand the idea of an ex liking your status.
10. When he knows you're out, he'll text you constantly and try to pick a fight so you have to pay attention. When you're apart, he's blowing up your phone, and he gets mad when you don't respond. Because if you're always texting him, you can't be cheating on him, right?
11. If he sees someone make you laugh, he moves in and starts belittling them. He puts down other people because he's got low self-esteem himself. He even tries to minimize your accomplishments, because he wants to make sure you see everyone (including yourself) on his level.
This article originally appeared on RELATED: