1. She's probably done with (or coming out of) her "dating for the sake of it" phase. She's dated enough guys just for fun—because she knows it will be a good story to tell her friends over margaritas or because the guy was just brutally hot—and is now in the phase where she wants something more than a guy who won't text her back for 16 hours.
2. She doesn't party like she is 22 anymore. She'll get down after a couple appletinis once in a while, but never on a weeknight (It's called work, hello!), and not when she's first trying to get to know somebody. She wants to be taken to a place where she can actually hear what you're saying and the floors aren't sticky.
3. She's confident. She's had her early 20s to make mistakes and learn valuable lessons, and now she feels more confident than ever in her choices. So if she has one drink and wants to go home, don't push her to go back to your place.
4. She's not going to just eat a salad on your first date. She knows what she likes and is past that phase in her life where she felt like she had to eat like a bird. She'll probably down a burger in your presence.
5. She likes staying home on Friday and Saturday nights sometimes. She's old enough to be over party FOMO and know that if what her body and mind need is a night on the couch with a TV marathon, that's what she's going to do. But if she likes you, she'll want you to join her!
6. She's done experimenting. She's not going to Coachella and getting wasted or trying drugs. So if you do recreational drugs, you can keep it moving because she does not have time for that.
7. She has a real job and she's not interested in footing the bill for you. She's all for treating you to dinner or the movies once in a while, which is why she needs to be with someone who can comfortably do the same.
8. She won't depend on you for money or a social life. She's an independent woman in a way that only comes with age. She's been working long enough to have a good amount of disposable income and savings. And she's weeded out the toxic or useless friends in her circle, so she has a close stable of folks to hang out with, and she won't let them go.
9. She doesn't want to go to your friend's beer pong party.
10. She expects you to be a grown up. Open doors, be nice to your waiter, offer to pay for things, contact her after your date if you want to see her again (none of this "I'm going to wait three days nonsense"). Be. A. Man.
11. She's good at communicating. She's had enough practice in her past relationships to know what effective communication is. So, she'll tell you what she wants and what pissed her off, and she'll call you when she wants to talk to you instead of waiting for you to text her back.
12. She's thrown out her futon and is proud of it. She's bought some real furniture and wants to be with someone who sleeps on a mattress on a bed frame instead of the floor.
13. How she dresses is not up for discussion. She's not insecure enough to let you tell her how she should look. So if she shows up to dinner in "fancy" designer sweatpants, heels, and a cool top, don't question her, just go with it. Even if her outfit isn't your style, she's probably making you look good and she knows she likes it, which is all that matters to her.
14. She has hobbies she wants you to try and she wants you to try them with her. She wants to be with someone who will try to love the things she loves.
15. Her friends are really important to her so be nice to them. She's taken the time to weed out the toxic, destructive ones who make her feel bad. What's left is a great group of people who will have her back at any moment, so make an effort to get to know them.
16. Her family is important to her as well. She's past that phase in her life where she blew them off for parties. She'll most likely want to spend time a decent amount of quality time with them and will want you to love them too.
17. She wants to take a nice vacation with you. She saves money for cool trips and wants to travel the world with you before she has kids. So stockpile your vacation time and a few extra bucks because she's determined to hit Bali before she turns 30 and wants you to come with her.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.