1. She owns a lot of hair and beauty products. False eyelashes, red lipstick, hairspray, a million hair pins, hair ties, and more. It's not that she's vain. It's just part of the job.
2. She will almost always break out in dance. When a song that she's performed to comes on, she will break out into a full-blown routine. Don't think that just because you're in a car you're safe. She will dance and drive.
3. She will stretch anywhere, anytime, any day. Her insane level of flexibility will amaze you. Just think of all the crazy positions you could put her in.
4. If she asks for a body massage, it's not foreplay. It's actually quite the opposite. She's hurting and very tired, so please don't go there.
5. She doesn't need you to be a good dancer. That's her job. What she does want is someone who has some rhythm and is completely unafraid to let loose on the dance floor.
6. She loves to eat. A lot. The girl can work up a good appetite after hours upon hours of dancing, which is pretty much straight cardio.
7. If she passes by a mirror, she will always check herself out. Dancers practically live in front of a mirror.
8. Be prepared to hear her say, "5-6-7-8." She will take pictures using a "5-6-7-8" warning count instead of "1-2-3" whenever possible. In her mind, the numerical order begins with "5."
9. She loves movie night, but she'll always choose a dancing movie. As far as she's concerned, there are only three movie genres: dance romance, dance comedy, and dance drama. You'll memorize every line in the movie Burlesque without even realizing it. Oh, and you'll probably also be roped into watching Dancing With the Stars, America's Best Dance Crew, and So You Think You Can Dance.
10. She doesn't have time for jealous guys. Don't get angry or jealous when she has to perform in skintight or revealing clothing for an audience. Understand that it's part of her job. If you aren't prepared to handle that aspect, you shouldn't be dating a dancer!
11. She has a demanding schedule. "I can't go because I have dance" is a legit excuse that she'll whip out a lot. She's not trying to blow you off. She really just has minimal time to hangout. Most classes or rehearsals are at night. Performances often fall on the weekends. Free time is limited. But don't worry, this girl will always find time for you. You'll learn to love lunch dates!
12. She loves outgoing guys. If there's an opportunity for spontaneous dancing in public, you'd better be prepared.
13. She has tons of energy. Dance is a stress reliever and said to be used for therapeutic reasons. It's kind of like having runner's high all the time. There's no better lover than a girl who will make you smile when your mood needs a major up lift.
14. Never underestimate the art of dance. Never make light of dance in her presence. It looks glamorous from the outside, but you have no idea the skill that is required to compete in dance. Do not debate her on this one.
15. This girl loves to know she is appreciated. After extensive rehearsals, competitions, performances, and everything being a dancer entails, she loves to know at the end of the day, you appreciate her hard work and dedication. It takes a certain type of man to really understand her commitment and loyalty to dance.
16. Don't worry—just because she knows the entire "Single Ladies" dance from Beyoncé's music video does not mean she wishes she were single. She memorized every dance move and can bust out the entire three-minute, 19-second dance routine on the spot.
17. She will dominate all the closet space. Half her closet is full of tutus and bedazzled bra tops from past performances. These are very sentimental to her, and she will want to hold onto these forever. Don't waste your time asking her to clean out her closet to make room for your stuff because it ain't happening.
18. If you get married, know that your first dance at the wedding is going to be a huge production. Most girls dream about their wedding dresses. This girl dreams about choreographing a whole performance for the first dance, so be prepared to take dance classes in the future. She can't have non-dancers out-dance her at her own wedding.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.