If you're a single Pinay, you've probably been subjected to comments that made you feel like you're walking around with a huge expiration date tattooed on your forehead. Comments like, "Why aren't you married yet?", or "Nauubusan ka na ng lalaki!", or the titas' favorite, "When are you having kids?"
People barely acknowledge your career accomplishments, focusing instead on why you're single, when you want to get married, and how many kids you want to have. Here are six different (and fun) ways you can respond to people who insist on tying your worth to your relationship status:
1. "I'm alone, not lonely."
2. "I like being single. I'm always there when I need me."
3. "Single by choice, not by chance."
4. "I'm single, not desperate."
5. "I'm in a long-distance relationship. My boyfriend lives in the future."
6. "I am mine before I am anyone else's."
Now, watch these words written in calligraphy:
Follow Ysa on Instagram.