1. It's so easy to be yourself.
You get to skip the awkward getting-to-know each other stage and all the guesswork involved. All you need to do is be yourself.
2. You've seen each other at your best and at your worst.
Sometimes life is just unfair and whether you like it or not, you have to deal with it. Your BFF has been with you all those days and never left you. So, expect that when trials come your way as a couple, you'll stick with each other.
3. You know each other's dating history.
You've told each other everything about your past relationships. You've met his exes and he's met yours. Jealousy and insecurities about your past loves won't be a thing.
4. You know each others pet peeves.
Before you dated, you'd run into each other and rant about your now exes. You know what to and what not to do to keep each other happy and content.
5. You never have to try too hard.
You don't have to spend a LOT for your date. A simple movie night in your house can pass for the perfect date night. You won't mind if he's just in a pair of shorts and a tattered sando—and he won't mind if you wear less than that either.
6. You're basically on the same page about everything.
You can geek about things and never worry about being judged by your partner.
7. You won't ever have to worry about your friends getting in the way of your relationship.
Because you probably have the same friends. LOL.
8. Meeting the parents is a breeze.
Because you're dating your longtime boy friend, his parents most likely know you, and won't bother to ask you unnerving questions. You've earned their trust. So congrats!
This story orginially appeared on Fhm.com.ph.
*Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.