1. When leggings have ridiculous futuristic neon patterns and cityscapes on them, and you have no idea if you can even pull that off. Do I look fashion-forward or do I just look like my butt is the size of an entire city?
2. When your leggings are suddenly see-through even though you swear they weren't before. Apparently, I have to check four different lighting concepts before I leave the house to know if I'm basically wearing a pair of invisible pants.
3. The camel toe opportunities are endless. If that fabric can creep, it shall creep.
4. Digging through your drawer to find the good pair. Which conveniently look exactly the same as the 50 bad pairs.
5. Noticing you have sweat marks under your butt that everyone can definitely see. Oh, cotton leggings, you are the king of butt-sweat visibility.
6. Some pairs are crazy expensive and you have no idea why. At the end of the day, aren't all leggings just slightly thicker tights? Come on.
7. If they're not high-waisted, you have a muffin-top situation that will not quit. It really doesn't matter how thin you are or aren't. If your leggings don't go up to your bra, you're going to have a muffin top. It's an unwritten and unforgiving law.
8. When your cellulite somehow shows through the leggings. Are you kidding me? If I'd wanted to deal with this crap, I would've worn tights. Not showing cellulite is like the whole point of you, leggings!
9. When your black ones are gray now. So now I'm just supposed to be the girl in gray leggings since my washing machine stripped my black ones of their very essence over the course of the last year? No, thank you.
10. When your favorite leggings get a rip on the inside thigh and now they are dead. R.I.P. Good-bye, countless pairs of leggings that hate that my thighs touch. I hardly knew ye (except that I totally did because I wore you so much that you got thigh holes).
11. Let's be honest, they're not really clothes. They're clothes in the sense that you can put them on your body and wear them to the drugstore to pick up milk, but they are not clothes in the sense that if you wore them out to drinks with your friends, you'd spend the entire night asking if it was OK that you were out in leggings.
12. When they stretch out way too quickly and suddenly look like sad pajamas. What once was an awesome pair of leggings that you could almost, almost wear to work are now weirdly baggy sacks that hover around your legs and ankles.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.