Easily one of the biggest artists to come out of the South Korean music industry, Jessica Jung, formerly of Girls' Generation, is quite the fashion icon, too. Her outfits, which lean toward the classic and ladylike, are a departure from the look-at-me fashion prevalent among K-Pop idols—and her over 6 million Instagram followers love every single one of them.
Here are six key details we've noticed about her sense of style that every girl can try, too:
1. Her go-to outfit combo? A pretty blouse + denim jeans + a ladylike bag.
Don't forget to tuck your top into your trousers to keep the look streamlined and polished.
2. She loves accessorizing with a scarf knotted around her neck.
Liven up and lend a retro spin to neutral basics with a colorful printed neckerchief.
3. She prescribes to the no-cleavage norm in Korea by layering tops under skin-baring dresses.
Slip dresses and pinafores become more interesting when treated as layering devices.
4. Jessica combines boyish silhouettes or casual pieces with sophisticated ruffles.
Upgrade a graphic tee with a ruffled mini skirt, or pop a detailed blouse under a tailored blazer.
5. She punches up plain outfits with quirky footwear.
Cap off a monochromatic outfit with statement Mary Janes or IG-worthy two-tone flats.
6. She takes a leaf from the preppy playbook by wrapping a cardi around her shoulders.
It's pretty functional, too—you can easily combat chilly temperature when you've got one on hand.
Follow Patricia on Instagram.