But US shoe brand Miz Mooz have created an unexpected hack. They've created selfie shoes that effectively turn your OWN LEG into the selfie stick. Ban that, festivals. (Please don't.)
The idea is that you insert your phone into one of the docking ports in the shoes, raise your legs to get the perfect angle, and take pictures by tapping a sensor inside the shoe with your toe.
Besides the clear fact these shoes are generally ludicrous, we've spotted a few potential flaws.
1) You have to be really effing flexible to get your leg up high enough to get the ideal angle. I mean, WHO can do that?
2) Holding that position long enough to take the necessary 40-ish snaps to get *the perfect shot* would ravage the hamstrings of even the toughest athlete
3) Shoe selfies can only be attempted by people wearing exceptionally stretchy trousers. Which rules out the jean-wearers of the world. Sort of ruins the moment if you have to change into harem pants to take a selfie, doesn't it?
4) Skirt wearers out there are just plain screwed.
5) And most obviously of all, these shoes bear an uncomfortable resemblance to Platypuses. Nobody wants this.
Here's hoping the Selfie Shoes are one big early April Fools prank, but just in case they aren't, you can preorder your pair from Thursday April 2 at via for $199.
(Or you could just go retro and use your arm to take a selfie. For $0.)
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.co.uk. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.