A blazer is a versatile piece of clothing, but it can also get a bit tricky to style with the risk of looking like an uptight corporate manager incapable of any fun. Heart Evangelista, on the other hand, knows exactly how to play around with this tailored piece—be it for an important gala or for a morning coffee run. You can always turn to her IG feed for some quick inspo on how to style your favorite blazer. Check out a few of our fave looks below:
1. A white blazer calls for a pristine monochrome outfit like Heart's, whose skirt and top combo was finished off with a chic neck scarf. This look works best if you want an accessory to be your OOTD's focal point, such was the case for Heart's boxy maroon Sequoia bag.
2. We're digging this all-black look Heart put together for a casual coffee run—in a pair of boots, no less. She layered her Balmain blazer over a plunging V-neck shirt paired with black skinny jeans.
3. If we've learned anything from Heart, it's that the easiest way to elevate a basic T-shirt and jeans look is to throw on a statement jacket.
4. A high-waisted skirt cinched at the waist and paired with a T-shirt can quickly transition from simple to sophisticated with the right oversized blazer.
5. Give a feminine twist to an otherwise structured look by pairing your blazer with a midi skirt. It balances a boxy silhouette and injects a more polished vibe. Remember to tuck in your shirt for an elongated bottom half to look taller!