If you still don’t own a denim jacket, why? Here at Cosmo HQ, this ‘90s favorite is our current go-to cover-up. Whether to dress down a girly dress or to complement a boyish getup, this style has firmly landed a spot in our wardrobes—and it should in yours, too!
Once you snag one, try these looks out:
1. Combine all your basics in one easy, effortless outfit: we’re thinking a clingy midi dress and white sneakers.
2. Add weight to last summer’s breezy sun dress with a denim jacket—perfect for chilly date nights.
3. Exude cool Americana style by doubling up on denim. We love the look of a plain tee tucked into high-waist jeans, worn with heeled mules.
4. Balance a full midi skirt with a cropped and fitted jacket. A bodycon skirt, on the other hand, would look better with an oversized style.
5. Ace your daily commute by pairing a lightweight camisole with cropped trousers. Complete the look with comfy slip-ons that keep you on your toes.
6. Traveling? A jacket tied firmly around your waist helps you adapt to any kind of temperature.
7. Customize your jacket with patches and painted panels that add character. Nadine Lustre is all about this trend, too!
8. Turn to the ‘70s for a chic interpretation of the denim jacket. Pair with a flowing boho skirt, platform clogs, and a chic little neckerchief.
Follow Patricia on Instagram.