1. You have to get them trimmed every four weeks, which means you're seeing your hairdresser, like, three times as much as you'd like to.
You used to be so carefree and low maintenance. You'd see your hair dresser two or three times a year! "That's it?" your friends would ask, incredulously. "That's it!" you'd say, smugly. Now that you have bangs, you have to go basically every month if you like, you know, seeing.
2. They make your forehead oily.
If your forehead had its own URL it would be shiny.biz.
3. Then you break out.
4. Seriously, the breaking out.
The likes of which you haven't seen on your face since ninth grade.
5. You feel like you have to wear eyeliner every day because the thing you didn't realize before you got your bangs is that they make your eyes look tiny and ferret-like.
You previously had Disney Princess eyes, and now your haircut has swallowed them and spit them out as beady face holes.
6. You have to blow them out every day.
You don't have time for this. You never had time to blow your hair out every day. And now your bangs are forcing you to spend an extra 10 minutes getting ready each day. What do your bangs think—that you have TIME for them, or something?
7. They're terrible in the summer.
If your forehead is shiny.biz in the winter it's oilslick.org in the summer.
8. When you go to the gym you have to remember to bring at least two bobby pins in addition to your hairband.
Otherwise it's bang sweat or bust.
9. If your hair is very straight, they slip right out of the pins.
So then you also have to remember dry shampoo so you can spray your bobby pins before you put them in your hair.
10. They're hard to incorporate into any updo.
Unless you're a professional stylist who knows how to do a complicated AF hairline braid that pulls in the bangs. But again, that's like two people in the world who are not you.
11. When you first go out at night they look fabulous.
But then after you've gotten hot and sweaty on the dance floor you leave da club looking, well, NOT CUTE.
12. Growing them out takes forever.
Global warming is happening more quickly than your bangs are growing.
13. You have no idea what to do with them when they're growing out.
You start doing weird things with bobby pins. You wish you could stop. But not as much as you wish you didn't have weird-length bangs in your face.
14. When they finally grow out you miss them.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.