1. You have to wash your hair every day. That's a struggle in itself. Because it's at least 10 minutes less in bed each morning.
2. You get through a LOT of shampoo. Your shampoo bills are through the roof. Take it from us, the stuff's not cheap.
3. Yeah, we know it strips the hair of its essential oils. But it's either that, or walk around with greasy hair so people will think something's wrong with you. I know which one I'm going to pick.
4. Festivals are a no-go. You can put as many flower garlands as you want on top of your head, but it won't hide the greasy monstrosity that lies beneath. There's only one thing for it: cornrows.
5. Dry shampoo just doesn't cut it sometimes. Greasy hair is greasy hair, and the only solution to avoid greasy hair is to shower.
6. Neither does "wearing it up." Because five minutes after leaving the house you'll have greasy bangs all over your face and it's just not cool.
7. ?You thought it was just a teenage phase.? ?"You'll grow out of having oily hair," your mom desperately promised you in the height of your hormonal imbalance. But here we are, 10 years down the line, and you're still waiting.?
8. Sometimes, SOMETIMES you can get away with just wetting your hair in the shower and not washing it. But this is only acceptable during two occasions: A) when you have no shampoo left, and B) when you plan simply to go to work, and come straight home afterwards, interacting with as few people as possible in between.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.co.uk. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.