Over the weekend, a clever person created the hashtag #SigawDarna, and we've been seeing it all over our feeds! Illustrators, artists, and hobbyists are contributing to it by posting their own versions of the iconic female superhero, which was originally created by Mars Ravelo. ICYMI, a Darna movie remake starring Liza Soberano is also set to be produced this year.
From Darna as an elderly lady to different versions of androgynous Darna, here are some of the best ones we spotted on Twitter:
1. An ~elderly~ version of Darna:
2. This Darna inspired by datus and Princess Urduja:
3. High school student Darna:
4. Darna as adorable puppers:
Editor's Note: We've been schooled! We initially included an illustration inspired by Full Metal Alchemist in the article and took it out of context. We were unaware of the backstory of the featured character. We've since removed the tweet from the article. Thank you for bringing it to our attention!
5. Darna who's also an activist:
6. Muslim Darna:
7. Androgynous Darna:
8. Darna with sci-fi elements mixed in!
9. A Darna who *sings*:
10. Lastly, Darna on a motorcycle! How cool is that, right?
Which one's your fave, CGs?
Follow Lily on Instagram.