- Carla Abellana and Geoff Eigenmann are officially together. The September 2009 Cosmo cover girl confirmed her "in a relationship" status last weekend. She also confessed that, all along, she was just waiting for Geoff to ask her to be his girlfriend!
- Jennylyn Mercado was reportedly rushed to the hospital last Thursday due to a heart attack. The actress admitted on the talk show Startalk that she already had a heart condition when she was a kid, and she believes it was triggered recently because of too much stress. Jen is currently under medication, as she's trying to keep a happy disposition to prevent future attacks.
- No, they aren't splitting up. That's what Raymart Santiago adamantly confirmed, in response to rumors that he's separating from wife Claudine Barretto. Raymart also denied rumors that Claudine was in a Twitter-war with Bea Alonzo, saying that it wasn't Bea who posted nasty tweets against Claudine.
- Veteran actors and athletes crossing over to politics is not exactly new to us. But here's one hottie who's starting out quite young: 25-year-old cager Chris Tiu was recently re-elected as baranggay kagawad of Brgy. Urdaneta, Makati. So what does he plan to do on his second term? Well, he said he was inspired by 2009 CNN Hero Of The Year Efren Penaflorida, who helped out-of-school kids learn to read and write through his Kariton Klasrum program, which is why Chris plans to do a similar project. Here he is, adding another reason for us to love him, as if he needs to: He's smart, athletic, and cute, and now we know has a big heart, to boot!
- Here's another star lending a hand: John Mayer. The musician, who performed in Manila recently, participated in a public service ad campaign video for MalariaNoMore, an organization that aims to stop malaria from spreading and killing more people. In the video, he urged his younger fans to donate money for mosquito nets so that kids in malaria-infested areas can live up to Justin Bieber's age. Quite an interesting way to put it, don't you think?
- For a glamorous pop diva like Mariah Carey, switching from her fierce high heels to comfy (preggy-friendly) flats is just one of the many sacrifices she has to make, now that she is expecting her first child! Her husband Nick Cannon admitted it was hard to convince the "high-heels queen" to make that little fashion tweak. So when he saw that Mariah's vast shoe collection did not include a single pair of flat shoes, he decided to buy her some. Normally we don't want our men to have a say on our style, but in this case, Nick probably had Mariah's (and the baby's!) best interests at heart.
- Pregnancy can really limit a woman's fashion choices. But for Alanis Morissette, no baby bump can stop her from wearing a tiny white bikini. Check out the link on her name to see a photo of her in the teeny-weeny swimwear while vacationing with her husband in Los Cabos, Mexico.
- It's not always easy to tell the truth, especially when it concerns ill feelings toward other people. But that didn't stop Survivor Philippines castaway Ervic Vijandre from admitting how he really feels about his ex-girlfriend Marian Rivera's boyfriend, Dingdong Dantes. In the reality show's Don't Lie To Me challenge, each of the castaways went through a lie detector test, where Ervic was asked if he hated Dingdong. His answer: "Yes." The lie detector verdict: True. Later, Ervic admitted that he said so because he was being true to himself. He also said that he had already moved on, and that he's hoping he didn't upset Dingdong's fans.
- If you're looking for ways to steal the spotlight, then changing your hair color may be one of the easiest ways to do so. Take it from Mad Men actress Christina Hendricks, who admitted that she dyed her naturally blonde hair red just because she wanted to stand out. Of course, we don't recommend just picking some random dye shade and staining your tresses with it--be sure to pick colors that suit your skin tone. It did wonders for Christina--just look at all the attention she's getting now!
- Charice's fans were probably worried when she was rushed to a hospital in Singapore due to food poisoning. But there's no need to panic, because she just confirmed that she's fine and fully-recovered. In fact, she was able to perform for her adoring fans in Singapore that same night! She's also set to return to Los Angeles to start taping for Glee, so just watch for her return to the show.
- With the year about to wrap up in less than a couple of months, our sister publication FHM Philippines is coming up with a special feature called FHM's Class of 2010. It'll be a roundup of all the people, events, newsmakers, trends, and everything else that made 2010 memorable. To make it extra-special, readers get to decide what'll be on FHM's list. Of course, FHM needs your help to make this possible. Ask your boyfriend and guy friends to answer this survey now!
Continue reading below ↓