- In the latest chapter of her ongoing relationship drama with baller husband James Yap, Kris Aquino has walked out of their conjugal home with her two children in tow, Philstar.com reports. She clarified on The Buzz that the separation is only temporary, saying that although she was trying to make the marriage work, James also had to do his part. “Marriage is a two-way traffic,” she said tearfully on national television.
- Presidentiable Noynoy Aquino asked the media and the public to give his sister, Kris Aquino-Yap, some space to sort out her personal life. His request came after allegations that the TV show host spewed verbal vitriol at her husband’s rumored girlfriend Mayen Austria and Austria’s mother. Kris denied these accusations, saying in a text message to ABS-CBN News, “nobody can ever say that it is in my nature na magmura or gumawa ng skandalo. I didn’t shout or create a commotion.”
- Not only is James Cameron’s epic sci-fi drama Avatar box office gold, it just won Best Motion Picture, Drama (and won him this year’s Best Director award, too) at the 2010 Golden Globe Awards held earlier today (January 17, US time) in Hollywood.
- Sixteen-year-old Charlene Almarvez of Laguna is First Runner Up in the recently concluded Ford Models’ Supermodel of the World contest. Charlene was awarded a US$150,000 contract with Ford Models in New York and will be walking her 5’9 1/2” frame down the Fall Fashion Week runways.
- After controversial comments from guest judge Rosanna Roces earned the show a seven-day suspension (instead of the original 20-day preventive suspension), ABS-CBN is happy to announce that Showtime will be back on air beginning tomorrow, January 19.
- One of Dr. Vicki Belo’s resolutions for the New Year is a little more peace for herself and a little distance from Hayden Kho--five months of distance at that--after a tumultuous 2009. PEP reports that their self-imposed communication ban ends on May 20 this year, Hayden’s birthday.
- The Late Night Wars are proving to be even more dramatic than a soap opera! Just last week, every late night host (from David Letterman and Craig Ferguson to Jimmy Kimmel, and now, even Seth Meyers on Saturday Night Live’s “Weekend Update”) weighed in on the drama between Conan O’Brien, his Tonight Show predecessor Jay Leno, and their network, NBC. O’Brien’s fate is still up in the air: Will he leave NBC? Where will he go? And more importantly, are you Team Leno or Team CoCo?
Continue reading below ↓