1. Billy Mack's comeback would rely entirely on getting a YouTube video to go viral. British Total Request Live (TRL) is of no use to you.
2. Sam would have been putting the social-media moves on Joanna months before the Christmas concert. I see you double-tapping all her photos, Sam.
3. Karen would have caught Snape emotionally cheating on her by spotting a text, not getting the wrong present. This scene still would have been just as heartbreaking though.
4. (I Hate Uncle) Jamie would have started using Duolingo to learn Portugese the moment he met Aurelia.
5. This scene would not have happened.
Instead, it would be a series of Snapchats.
6. This scene definitely still would have happened.
7. But his staff for sure would have leaked the president of the United States creeping on an innocent staffer to the Daily Mail.
8. Colin would order a shot of Fireball when he got to the bar in Wisconsin. The rest of his trip would proceed exactly the same, however.
9. Sam would not be able to run through the airport. Even though Love Actually filmed after 9/11, security has only gotten tighter, especially when flying from Europe to America. There's no way Sam would have been able to leap past the boarding pass scanner, passport control, the full-body scanner, and all the agents after the scanner.
10. There's no way the prime minister would be able to go quietly knocking on doors. Literally every paparazzo in London would have a video of him singing carols to little girls.
11. Hot Carl and Sarah might actually have gotten together. Her brother probably would have texted her constantly, not called, and it's a lot easier to ignore a text. Especially when you're faced with this:
12. The prime minister would not land at a regular airport. Pretty sure this wasn't plausible in 2003 either.
13. Juliet would never find the wedding video tape Mark made featuring only her. Because it would be a mislabeled file buried deep within his computer. Also, LOL, VCRs.
14. A bunch of public schools would not be able to put on a nativity play. Particularly one with lobsters and Spider-Man.
15. Colin Firth would have a MacBook by now, thus preventing this scene from happening:
16. This would be on Reddit in literally two seconds.
17. The accompanying video of Joanna singing "All I Want for Christmas Is You" would also help catapult her to Justin Bieber-level stardom. Sorry, Billy Mack.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.