ICYMI, Andrea Meza from Mexico is Miss Universe 2020. She spoke about changing beauty standards for her final statement, "We live in a society that, more and more, is more advanced. And as we advance as a society, we've also advanced with stereotypes. Nowadays beauty isn't only the way we look. For me, beauty radiates not only in our spirit, but in our hearts, and in the way we conduct ourselves. Never permit someone to tell you that you’re not valuable." (Read the Top 5 Final Question And Statement Transcript here.)
What does Miss Universe 2020 win exactly?
The fight is long and hard, but once a queen is crowned, she's showered with a lot of perks, starting with the Mouawad Crown, also known as the Power of Unity Crown: "The central magnificent shield-cut 62.83 carat golden canary diamond denotes power, while two golden canary diamonds either side create a sense of harmony. The sun-like warmth of these three diamonds represents the new golden age of women."
Though the organization has kept quiet on the complete prize package, the winner will most likely enjoy similar perks as her predecessors, which includes:
- a one-year stay in New York City that comes with an undisclosed salary (which is rumored to be around six figures
- a year's supply of makeup, hair products, shoes, clothing, jewelry, and skincare provided by organization sponsors (like Sherri Hill, Jojo Bragais, Olivia Quido Skincare, Mouawad, Lazada, and Ema Savahl)
- a modeling portfolio shot by world-famous photographers
- fully sponsored travel privileges
- dermatology and skincare services
- a professional health and nutrition consultation
- access to various events including casting opportunities, movie premieres, screenings, and launch parties
- access to a team of assistants, fashion stylists, and makeup artists
Cosmopolitan Philippines is now on Quento! Click here to download the app and enjoy more articles and videos from Cosmo and your favorite websites!