- When a camera flash caused Ansel Elgort's girlfriend Violetta Komyshan to have a wardrobe malfunction.
- When Daniel Kaluuya dealt with a red carpet interviewer suggesting Get Out was nominated for Best Picture as it "ticks a lot of boxes" and "raises important themes."
- When host Jimmy Kimmel brought up last year's envelope-gate.
He said: "This year when you hear your name called, don't get up right away. Just give us a minute. We don't want another 'thing.' Last year, about a week before the show the producers asked me if I wanted to do some comedy with the accountants and I said 'No, I don't want to do comedy with the accountants.' So then the accountants went ahead and did comedy on their own."
And Jennifer Lawrence really enjoyed winding Emma Stone up about it.
- And when Jimmy joked about the All The Money In The World reshoots.
He said: "What made it especially unfair was Mark and Michelle were represented by the same agency. This one shook me because if we can't trust agents… who can we trust? To his credit, Mark donated all $1.5m to Time's Up legal fund. So I guess now the ball's in your court Michelle."
- When Tariji P. Henson appeared to shade Ryan Seacrest on the red carpet.
Ryan, who is facing allegations of sexual misconduct, was interviewing stars on this year's red carpet for E! when he managed to pin the Hidden Figures actress down for a chat. While chatting to him, Taraji commented that, "The universe has a way of taking care of taking care of good people," she said, as she touched him on the chin. "You know what I mean?"
- This hellish non-kiss
- When Jimmy said that they wouldn't be cutting people's acceptance speeches short by playing music over them.
But they totally did...
- Matthew McConaughey's questionable tan.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com/uk. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.