Taylor Swift was the first witness called to the stand in a Denver federal court Thursday, the fourth day of the singer's groping trial against former DJ David Mueller. As BuzzFeed's Claudia Rosenbaum reported from court, Swift testified in the civil trial that the DJ had a "definite grab" of her butt during a backstage meet-and-greet at her "Red" tour in Denver in 2013. As previously reported, Mueller has denied the claims and is seeking $3 million in damages from the singer after being fired from his job; Swift is seeking $1 in a countersuit. On Thursday, Swift told jurors, "It was a very shocking thing that I have never dealt with before. He grabbed my ass underneath my skirt. It was underneath my skirt." She added that Mueller "stayed latched on to my bare ass cheek as I moved away from him visibly uncomfortable"during the meet-and-greet.
Rosenbaum live-tweeted Swift’s testimony Thursday. Here are the some key moments:
- In a cross examination, Mueller's attorney told Swift she could have taken a break if she felt distressed during the meet-and-greet. She responded, "And your client could have taken a normal photo with me."
- Swift revealed that she continued to do meet-and-greets with other fans following the alleged incident: "I just said in a monotone voice, 'Thank you for coming,' and then they were gone."
- After the alleged incident, Swift told her photographer, "I said that dude just grabbed my ass and she said I know exactly which one you are talking about, I have [the] pic."
- Swift testified that her bodyguard is not to blame for not stopping the alleged groping, and that the moment was "horrifying" and "shocking."
- Swift testified that she believes both Mueller and his girlfriend, who was also present during the meet-and-greet, were both intoxicated.
- Responding to Mueller's testimony, Swift said, "He did not touch my rib, he did not touch my hand, he grabbed my bare ass."
- Responding to Mueller's eventual firing from his job following the alleged incident, Swift said, "I am not going to allow your client to make me feel like it is any way my fault because it isn’t."
- Swift also testified that no one else could have possibly grabbed her: "He had a handful of my ass. I know it was him."
- Responding to whether or not she was able to see the alleged incident directly, Swift testified that she could not because her butt is "in the back" of her body.
Swifties have gathered near the Denver court to show their support for the singer.
Swift's brother Austin and her publicist Tree Paine were also spotted arriving in court Thursday.
This post will be updated as more information becomes available.
Follow Peggy on Twitter.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.