1. "Aren't you scared you'll get all muscly like a man?"
Nope, we're training to get strong. Like women.
2. "You know guys don't really like girls with muscles..."
That's fine, we don't really like those guys either.
3. "Do you just eat, like, nothing but chicken?"
Señor Pollo has with really good beans too, you know. #gains
4. "I thought girls were meant to do cardio, not weights?"
Funnily enough, we can manage both just fine.
5. "But cardio burns more fat, right?"
Muscle is actually the most metabolically active tissue, meaning the more you have of it, the more calories you'll burn, even when you're doing nothing. So, short answer, no...
6. "So you're intentionally putting on weight?"
Yep, and we feel all the more awesome for it.
7. "Don't you miss being skinny?"
A pound of muscle takes up a lot less space than a pound of fat, so fitting in our skinny jeans isn't going to become a problem anytime soon.
8. "Are you on steroids?"
Absolutely not, are YOU?
9. "I'd try it, but I don't want to get bulky…"
Unless you're following a hardcore bodybuilding training plan, it'd be a miracle if you got bulky. Women have lower levels of testosterone than men, meaning that they have to work much harder to gain muscle. What you'll actually get is tight and toned, like you wanted in the first place.
Tl;dr: you won't.
10. "If you stop training, your muscles will turn to fat, you know."
Muscle doesn't just magically melt into fat when you take a week off.
11. "Well, don't get toooooo big."
We assure you, sitting on the sofa and eating cupcakes would make us far bigger.
12. "Can you help me move house?"
We might be strong, but we ain't your packhorse, lady.
13. "Can I touch your biceps?"
Oh actually, go on then. Welcome to the gun show.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.co.uk. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.