1. "I'm going home early" has taken on a whole new meaning.
Remember when you used to resent your parents for telling you to go home early? That will change when you start working in a call center. Because now, early LITERALLY means early—as in 5 a.m.
2. Vampires are not mythical creatures anymore. YOU HAVE BECOME ONE.
Wide awake at night, asleep by day. Sounds familiar? No, that's not a vampire. That's you.
3. Weekends? What weekends?
You have totally lost control of your weekends because call centers are open 24/7 and you are required to report to work on Fridays, Saturdays, and even Sundays.
4. And oh, holidays? What's that?
Yep. You work during Philippine holidays, too—including the Papal visit. Yay.
5. You have said goodbye to your social life.
Working at night and on weekends means no more clubbing and random post-shift meet-ups with friends. You no longer have friends.
6. ...and to your random shopping trips!
Which malls are open when you want to shop for that cute new dress? ZERO. ZIP. NADA!
7. Speaking of that cute new dress? You might not be able to wear it to work anyway.
Dresses and heels and all those pretty things you want to wear might not be a good idea for work, especially if your shift starts at the ungodly time of 1 or 2 a.m. (Unless your crush is your teammate—then by all means, wear that dress!)
8. Excess baggage? They are eternally parked under your eyes.
Yes, eyebags for days. Or weeks. Or months. YEARS. And you have given up getting rid of them. No amount of eye cream or concealer can hide those dark circles.
9. Your makeup just won't stick!
And your tired, dehydrated, sleep-deprived skin has never been the same. You're lucky if your center allows you to bring your kikay kit to your floor; otherwise, you go home looking like you slept with your makeup on. #WokeUpLykDis
10. You start having a hard time talking to a new person you've met.
Because all form of small talk has been exhausted on your daily customers.
11. Your LSS is your account's weird hold music.
Your non-call center girl friends are singing the new Taylor Swift song. You? You're stuck with your account's hold music.
BUT! Despite everything: