Online shops are a catch-22: their convenience, accessibility, and ubiquity are supposed to make your life easier so that you can save your time and energy for more important things, but it is also their convenience, accessibility, and ubiquity that have made you spiral into an endless black hole of Shopping Shame.
So when does harmless browsing become a full-blown addiction, and what should you do to get your life back on track?
1. Literally every minute of your free time is spent scrolling through Instagram shops.
You don't follow them to avoid temptation, but who are you kidding?
2. You don't just have your fave online store bookmarked on your browser—girl, it's your homepage.
New arrivals? Again?!
3. Your boyfriend probably thinks you're cheating on him because you always hide your phone, for fear of being judged.
"I'm just looking, okay!"
4. You've mastered the art of playing it cool when your mom asks what's in that new Xend package that just arrived for you.
"Oh nothing, Ma, just a bunch of...stuff...for work."
5. Your bag is littered with deposit slips for different online shops.
6. You know what HM, COD, on-hand, sure buyer, and joy reserver mean.
And you're not going to spell it out for anyone who doesn't understand.
To know more signs of online shopping addiction, visit Candymag.com!
* Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.