Why You Should Never Leave Your Cellphone Under Your Pillow

Fire alert! Read before you sleep next to your phone.

If you're used to sleeping with your cellphone, tablets, or laptops next to you, we suggest you stop doing it, stat.

A 13-year-old girl from North Texas woke up to a burning cellphone after she stuffed her Samsung S3 under her pillow before going to sleep. She first noticed a burning smell but didn't think much of it, and then woke up again when the scent became more prominent.

"The whole phone melted. The plastic, the glass. You can't even really tell that it was a phone," shared her father to FOX 4. He suspects that the accident was a result of overheating, which caused the battery to swell and start a fire.

A spokesperson from Samsung defended the product, saying the battery used inside the cellphone was a replacement unit, and not an original Samsung battery. There is also a warning in the user guide that states that the unit should not be placed under beddings because it can restrict airflow and cause a fire.

Note to self: transfer all electronics to a nearby table before falling asleep. Better safe than sorry!

Source: myfoxny.com

Sorry, no results were found for