- In a heartfelt letter to her fans, Maine Mendoza poured her feelings out about her AlDub fame. She started by saying how thankful she is for all the blessings and support, and stated how did not expect that Eat Bulaga's Kalyeserye portion and her loveteam with Alden Richards would be a success.
She said, however, "By the end of this letter I am pretty sure [a] majority of you are going to turn your backs on me and probably hate on me. Pero sabi nga nila, speak the truth even if your voice shakes."
She expressed that "I have not been able to do what I want and say what I feel because every time I try to express my thoughts and feelings, some of you tend to misapprehend and invalidate them in so many ways. Telling me I am not supposed to feel that way because I am 'rich and famous.' Telling me I have no right to be sad and hurt because I have everything a person could ask for. Judging, blaming, and getting mad at me for expressing what I truly feel just because you do not agree and it is inconvenient for you. Dictating me what I should feel and should not feel. Ang hirap. 'Yung mga taong nagsasabi na wala akong dapat na maramdaman kundi kaligayahan kasi pinagpapala ako at dapat akong magpasalamat sa kanila (at sa kanila lang) dahil wala naman ako kung wala sila.'"
"Do not get me wrong, I am thankful for everything I have right now. And I have the Lord and the people who helped and supported me along the way to thank for that. I just could not take how some people feel so entitled in so many things, hindi lang sa career, ultimo personal na buhay. Minsan nga tinatanong ko ang sarili ko, sino ba talaga ang gumawa sa akin? Ang Diyos ba o sila? Pagmamay-ari ba nila buong pagkatao ko para diktahan ako sa halos lahat ng bagay? Bakit ganun? Ganun ba dapat kapag mahal mo 'yung tao? Susubukan mong kontrolin ng naaayon sa kagustuhan mo? Dahil tingin mo 'yun 'yung tama? Dahil tingin mo doon siya liligaya?"
And then she confessed, "For all the love and efforts you have given us, you deserve to know the truth that at this very moment Alden and I are just friends. We are a love team."
"Even if I am left with a small number of supporters after posting this, kahit sampu lang 'yan, for as long as I know (and I feel) they truly love me and care for me, I'll be fine. Or even if I am left with none, I have family and friends who love me dearly and will never leave my side whatever happens. Sapat na 'yun para sa akin."
She ended her letter thanking everyone for their love and wrote that she'll "forever cherish the presence of the whole fandom" in her life. She asked her fans to give her freedom to feel and do what she wants. She also said that Alden deserves the same type of love and respect, too. (PEP.ph)
- Model and body-positive activist Ashley Graham was one of the hosts of the 2017 Miss Universe pageant. After the Africa and Asia and the Pacific contestants were introduced onstage, she said, "My favorite is Miss Philippines [Rachel Peters]. She is beautiful!" We totally agree with you, Ashley!
- ICYDK yet, our Miss Universe bet, Rachel Peters, made it to the Top 10! Local celebs expressed their support and happiness via tweets:
- Ellen Adarna posted adorable throwback photos of herself when she was a little girl. We find her sungit face super cute!
- If you LOL'd at Macoy Averilla's Tagalog-dubbed Mean Girls scenes, he came up with another one again. This time, it was about The Plastics' three-way calls where Regina's disgust over Karen's habit of not brushing her teeth was revealed. We love the fact that they were supposed to go to Baclaran to hear mass—so fetch!
Continue reading below ↓
Continue reading below ↓
Follow Ira on Instagram.