- Recently. Maine Mendoza penned a letter to her fans opening up about her true feelings on being one-half of the AlDub love team. She thanked her fans for the support and confirmed that she and Alden Richards are just fiends.
Then, on November 27, the last time she was seen in her noontime show Eat Bulaga, Maine tweeted, "You are all right. I deserve all the hate in the world because I am such a coward and a selfish little brat. I get it and I understand." Netizens speculated that it was her response to the negative reactions of some AlDub fans.
Fans then suspected that the Dubsmash Queen will soon switch networks.
AlDub Nation showed their continuing support for the love team amidst the controversies with a "white rally." Maine's mom, Mary Ann Mendoza, attended and assured everyone that "Maine will stay."
We miss you on EB, Maine! We hope this break will be good for you! (Pep.ph)
- The Ateneo de Manila Blue Eagles were crowned as the UAAP Season 80 men's basketball champions. The Eagles defeated the De La Salle Green Archers, 88-86, on December 3 at the Smart Araneta Coliseum. In the spirit of sportsmanship, the DLSU Taft campus was illuminated with blue lights.
According to Jingo Badillo, executive director of the DLSU Office for Strategic Communications, the gesture was an initiative of university's president, Br. Raymundo B. Suplido, FSC. Green lights were supposed to be lit in case the Green Archers triumphed, but after the loss, blue lights were switched on as a sign of acknowledgment of the rival school's victory. (Spin.ph)
- Luis Manzano posted a sweet birthday message for his girlfriend, Jessy Mendiola! He said: "Happy birthday to my howhow @senorita_jessy , you are the one that ties everything in my life together. All the good things happening in my life wouldn’t truly be or feel good if i didn’t have you to share them with :) happy birthday my howhow i love you!" *cue heart-eyed emojies*
- Have you seen Baby Seve Soriano's Christmas pictures? His proud mommy, Toni Gonzaga shared photos of him dressed as Santa's Little Helper and a dapper boy. Just look at those cheeks!
- If you always go beyond your data allowance, the new app, Datally, can save the day! It helps your phone "intelligently" consume data that conserves up to 30% of your average mobile data usage. It also notifies you of your current data usage, and its Wi-Fi Finder only suggests safe networks. Download Datally on the Google Play Store for free.
Follow Ira on Instagram.