1. They understand when you get embarrassingly passionate.
They don't question why we get so defensive about Star Trek continuity, fantasy football team fiddling, and screaming at the TV screen while playing multiplayer games.
2. They won't nerd-shame you.
They will never make us feel bad for secretly knowing the entire history of Batman (and also Earth-Two Batman).
3. They buy great gifts.
We're pretty much guaranteed to get something cool, like a video game or a set of Blu-rays or a bunch of graphic novels.
4. They will understand why you'd choose to use your last vacation day to take off the day after the midnight Star Wars release and not on your anniversary.
Any woman who insists on being there at midnight on Dec. 18, 2015, is a keeper.
5. You've always got a player two.
Playing video games actually counts as a romantic date.
6. They understand the importance of always having the latest phone, even if it means you'll be eating nothing but ramen noodles for a week.
And they understand that this trade-off is absolutely worth it.
7. They're always reading.
Reading is sexy. Case in point: Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Best princess. Fight me.
8. They're good at sex.
Statistically proven. Also, statistics.
9. They'll definitely let you have a man cave.
Except you'll both use it all the time, so it'll just be a gender-neutral cave. Or just a cave. Or the place you'll both spend most of your time.
10. Glasses are always cute.
Not every nerd has glasses, but the ones that do ... well, it's never a bad thing.
11. You can hang out playing Mario Kart and have sex.
It's not quite hate-fucking someone after they just used a blue shell on you, but it's close.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.