1. Your sex drives won't always be as compatible as they were at the start.
One of you likes it in the morning and the other one doesn't! Or lunar cycles! Or work stress! I don't know, man. Star-crossed horniness just happens often.
2. After long enough, sex may often becomes no-frills, but in a good way.
Like…let's both orgasm in under five minutes and then binge-watch a true crime show together until we go to bed.
3. You'll come to rely on this person like they're one of your best friends.
Which is a weird adjustment after having your best friends and random dudes you date in two very separate categories.
4. Which is scary, but good!
Scary because intimacy; good because you'll always have someone to pick you up when you need to be woozily escorted home after minor surgery.
5. Someone will be on hand to carry heavy stuff and/or build furniture from scratch.
6. You will become the person who (occasionally!) blows off her friends for her significant other.
Nobody wants to be that person—it just happens. "It" being "Ughhh, I don't want to stop cuddling with my person and drag my ass across to BGC to have a drink with Jill"—for the first time ever. (Because before you were always Jill/the annoyed single friend.)
7. And you'll start feeling weird divulging intimate stuff between the two of you to your friends.
Whereas, again, back when you were single and dating, your sex life was totally open for discussion.
8. Gross shit will happen.
He'll enjoy popping your zits, for instance. Or pick your nose.
9. Your layers of vanity will shed until you're basically down to what you looked like in your seventh-grade class picture.
Zero makeup? Yes. Frizzy, greasy hair? Check. Glasses? Check. Weird jeans that don't fit right because it's laundry day? Yep.
10. You're going to find out exactly how much you like someone as a person and not just as a crush.
And it may not be pretty! But it also might be totally awesome, so sometimes the risk is worth it.
11. There's no bad time to say, "I love you."
I feel like this is something people invented to try to stop people from expressing their feelings…and lord knows that's the best way to waste your goddamn time.
12. You'll learn to put up with their weird family because you sort of have to.
Not to mention politely compartmentalize all the pillow talks you've had about how messed up your families are.
13. Eventually, even if you "don't believe in marriage," this is very likely how you will start thinking about marriage:
~*Why not? :)*~
14. When you do fight, it'll get more vicious than your most infamous girlfriend fights.
That shit makes Hannah and Marnie's "You're the wound!" fight on Girls look like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
15. Cuddling will never stop being good.
It will always just feel right.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.