1. He always happens to take his lunch break at the same time as you.
So convenient, right? Whether it's striking up a conversation with you on line in the work cafeteria or offering you a ride to go grab burritos, if he's taking these opportunities to capitalize on socializing time at work, there's a reason.
2. He also happens to show up to work around the same time.
Maybe he even runs into you down at the coffee shop you always stop at before work. If it seems like he just sorta knows your schedule and happens to time his morning routine right as an excuse to see you, that's a good indicator.
3. He always finds reasons to walk over to where you sit, even if it's not his department.
Is he always hand-delivering documents? Unless your work crush is 60 and afraid of emails, that's weird.
4. He grabs you lunch a lot when you're too busy.
This is something nice people do, but it's also something people who want to bang do. To be fair, it's also totally something nice people who also want to bang you do, too.
5. His shifts mysteriously seem to align with yours.
You rescheduled your Sunday shift to Monday? So weird, he was just emailing your manager to request the same thing...
6. He always wants to know if you're going to work functions.
He plays it off all casual as if he isn't sure he's going to go, but he never commits unless he knows you'll be there. "Maybe we could go together?" he asks, with all this chill. But in his head, he's freaking out.
7. Or he's always trying to organize drinks after work.
He's too nervous to just ask you out, so instead he asks a lot of people and also you. Because that's less weird, I guess.
8. He swoops in whenever you're stuck dealing with an annoying customer.
"Why yes, ma'am, I can make you a triple-shot, double-foam, gluten-free, vegan Frappuccino with half a teaspoon of cinnamon and room for milk, no problem."
9. He's always finding reasons to email you about work-related projects.
And then those email chains just devolve into non-work-related funny GIFS.
10. He's told you he'd quit too if you ever left.
You're actually pretty sure he only hangs around because you're there. He seems to hate this job otherwise.
11. You've got your own secret code words for people in the office.
Hell, you've got your own language and inside jokes.
12. You're the only one he really vents to.
Your relationship definitely feels deeper than "just coworkers."
13. He covers for you if you're running late. If he's distracted your boss while you snuck over to your desk hungover and late on a Friday morning, you've found a keeper.
14. You showing up to work perks him up more than the coffee does.
And so does you getting him coffee. Y'all are coffee buds. Some people would consider that basically sleeping with each other.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.