1. When you have to wait to watch something together.
This should really be nos. 1–101 because it's so real. If you've ever missed watching the Breaking Bad finale live because your boyfriend was on a business trip, raise your hand. And then use that hand to slap your boyfriend upside the head! From now on, all major travel plans need to be run past the fall TV schedule.
2. When you haven't watched something and they have, and they ruin it for you.
If your girlfriend tells you how the episode ends before the opening credits are over, that is grounds for an immediate breakup.
3. When you have to watch something and pretend like you haven't watched it because you broke down and watched it without them.
This might be worse than cheating. It's the ultimate deceit but only God can judge you. Desperate times, man. When you start to watch a show together and decide you both kinda hate it but you feel obligated to see it out to the season end. You know you chose poorly but there's nothing you can do about it now. It's too late.
4. When she wants to watch something you really don't want to watch, but it's TV night and you want to cuddle.
So you sit through some dumb movie that isn't Magic Mike XXL and sulk.
5. When you can't decide on movie snacks.
So you have to spend P1,000 on popcorn, chocolate-covered almonds, gummy bears, a vanilla milkshake, Coke, nachos, and a hot dog.
6. When you start to watch a show together and decide you both kinda hate it but you feel obligated to see it out to the season end.
You know you chose poorly but there's nothing you can do about it now. It's too late.
7. When you both don't fit on the couch spooning so you have to lie feet to feet like elementary schoolers at a sleepover.
8. One of you always falls asleep.
And the other one always gets a little annoyed when they have to explain the whole plot to you afterward.
9. When you're invited to a friend's party, but you're on the season finale of the show you've been watching and YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.
It's like ... is your best friend since grade school Sally's 25th birthday blowout more important than Game of Thrones? Who can say.
10. When you love a show, but your partner hates it and talks shit the whole time, and you have to reevaluate your feelings for them.
"I'm so sorry you're so much better than Lifetime's movie of the week! You're such a fancy, smart boy, aren't you?!" Not! Lifetime movies are dope and if you want to talk shit, put it in a diary so someone who cares can read it! (Which is a burn I learned while watching a Lifetime movie.)
11. Snack clean-up.
It's crazy how gross a couch can be after a day of binge watching. And also how tired you both are and how much you want to go to sleep so badly. You'll deal with it in the morning! Or never!
12. When you want to watch a horror film and he wants to watch a rom-com.
And you argue back and forth until you both fall asleep kinda angry. Related: spending forever reading previews and ratings and taking so long, so you get frustrated and just pick whatever movie is at the top of the screen, and then it sucks. You deserve it.
13. When you say you're staying in together to watch Netflix and everyone thinks you just want to bone.
No, you just want to watch the entirely of season two of Gilmore Girls, pervs!
14. When your partner keeps reminding you everything that's about to happen even though you've both seen it a million times.
15. That glorious moment you can both be honest with each other about your favorite movies.
And they're not Schindler's List or A Beautiful Mind, but rather That Thing Called Tadhana and Mean Girls. The truth will set you free! Free from watching deep movies and pretending you went to film school!
16. You both can't yell at each other about getting chores done.
Because you're both watching TV. It's the pact you make to ignore your apartment that's currently disintegrating around you. So what if you're playing dish Jenga in the sink, You've Got Mail is on TV!
17. Watching TV with other couples is pretty weird.
When you invite another couple over to watch a movie, and all of a sudden, you're just two weird couples cuddling and watching a movie next to each other. It's, like, worse than an orgy. (Also, you're always just kinda waiting for the other couple to leave halfway through the movie, but one of them is always legit into the movie.)
18. When one of you is very active on social media and the other is not.
If your fans (125 Twitter followers) expect you to live-tweet GoT finale, you cannot disappoint them! (Even if your boyfriend thinks you're a fucking weirdo who should be surgically detached from your phone.)
19. When one of you reads spoilers and the other doesn't.
This is a greater threat to relationships than differing religions, politics, and pizza toppings. IT'S THAT SERIOUS. (And if you're the one who reads SPOILERS like some kinda crazy person even though you're literally gonna watch it tonight, only 24 hours after the premiere, then may God have mercy on your soul because I'm sure as hell not!) (/Dramatic.)
20. When you're trying to better yourself by leaving the house on the weekends.
And then you come home and find out your S.O. has spent all day watching TV. And you're jealous.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.