So you can’t think of a caption for your IG, huh? It seems easy enough to come up with a clever saying, but once you’ve poured all your creative juices into your outfit ideas and the perfect mirror selfie pose, it’s understandable if your mind goes blank every single time you have to think of the words to post with it. Not to put more pressure on the situation, but the right caption for your OOTD can make all the difference, so let us help you out with some ideas.
If you’re tired of matching emojis to the colors in your outfit and your best friends are all tired of you texting them to ask for caption ideas, we gotchu. Below you’ll find the best fashion captions inspired by pop culture, entertainment, Tiktok trends, iconic fashion quotes, seasons of the year, colors, and funny sayings to give you lots of options. Next time you’ve got the photo selected and ready to go, pull out this list and choose from one of these 85 caption ideas so you can stop saving it to your drafts and *finally* post it.
When you want to highlight your outfit's color...
- PP Pink (Like Zendaya's post above)
- Green, like my money.
- Might have to answer the phone and say “yellow!” today.
- A hint of lime.
- Back to black.
- Something blue/feeling blue/Monday blues.
Eatwear your greens.
- Neutral agreement.
- I’ve got a knack for lilac.
- They call me mellow yellow.
When you’re all dressed up…
- Yah it’s giving what it’s supposed to give. (Like Normani’s post above.)
- This dress was doing everything that it needed to do.
- Let’s hear it for the back of the dress.
- Bury me in this dress.
- She’s custom.
- This ___ just hits different.
- Oh, this old thing?
- [Insert age], still loves to play dress-up.
- The glam life chose me.
When you wanna name-drop a designer…
- I wore Jimmy Choos for the record. (Like Lizzo’s post above.)
- “Father, son, and House of Gucci.” —Patrizia Reggiani in House of Gucci
- Prada you.
- The only F-word I know is Fendi.
- It’s all Gucci.
- I deserve ___.
- ___, I'm ready for my close-up.
- The unofficial brand ambassador for ___
When you want to show off your WFH OOTD…
- A week in outfits. (Like Sofia’s post above.)
- Wearing pajamas is my personality trait.
- Hard at werk.
- Sweats are my personal brand now.
- One day I’ll stop wearing this outfit. Today is not that day.
- She's cute (and cozy).
When you want a funny or clever caption…
- It’s giving ___. (Like Vanessa’s post above.)
- You’re cute jeans.
- It’s the ___ for me.
- Met my sole mate today.
- ___ but make it fashion.
- ___ is my forever aesthetic.
- Looking like a snack.
- A look was served today.
- Never met a ___ I didn’t like.
- If this outfit doesn’t scream ____, I don’t know what does.
- Outfit so nice, I had to post it twice.
When you want to go with something inspired by a movie or show…
- “Get in loser, we’re going shopping.” —Regina George, Mean Girls (Like Chlöe’s post above.)
- “You see how picky I am about my shoes, and they only go on my feet.” —Cher Horowitz, Clueless
- “On Wednesdays, we wear pink.” —Karen Smith, Mean Girls
- “Pink is my signature color.” —Shelby Eatenton-Latcherie, Steel Magnolias
- Watches [insert movie or show] once.
- “Florals for spring? Groundbreaking.” —Miranda Priestly, The Devil Wears Prada
- “She could be a farmer in those clothes.” —Amber, Clueless
- “I’ll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.” —Wednesday Addams, The Addams Family
- “I’ll never be the woman with perfect hair who can wear white and not spill on it.” —Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City
When you want to stick with a classic quote or popular saying…
- Dressed up with nowhere to go. (Like Shay’s post above.)
- To [insert clothing item] or not to [insert same clothing item]? —like the famous quote in Shakespeare’s Hamlet, “To be or not to be?”
- “I’m not afraid of heights…have you seen my shoes?” —Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City
- “Playing dress-up begins at age 5 and never really ends.” —Kate Spade, Manners
- “As far as I’m concerned, leopard is a neutral.” —Jenna Lyons, The Cut
- “I’m just trying to change the world, one sequin at a time.” —Lady Gaga, Independent
- “What is comfortable fashion? To be comfortable, that can’t be in the vocabulary of fashion. If you want to be comfortable, stay home in your pajamas.” —Donatella Versace, Interview
- “My feet are still on the ground. I’m just wearing better shoes.” —Oprah Winfrey, Dr. Phil
- “The best things in life are free. The second best are very expensive.” —Coco Chanel
- “I just can’t concentrate in flats.” —Victoria Beckham, GMTV
- “Just throw me in my coffin now with these earrings on.” —Rachel Zoe, The Rachel Zoe Project
- “Some people dream of having big swimming pools. With me, it’s closets.” —Audrey Hepburn
When you want to use a song reference or lyric…
- “Watermelon sugar.” —“Watermelon Sugar,” by Harry Styles (Like Ashley’s post above.)
- "Forever I'm that girl."— "Alien Superstar," by Beyonce.
- “Plaid shirt days.” —“All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault),” by Taylor Swift
- “I put on my jewelry just to go to the bodega.” —“Whole Lotta Money feat. Nicki Minaj,” by BIA
- “Say you’ll remember me standing in a nice dress, staring at the sunset, babe.” —“Wildest Dreams,” by Taylor Swift
- “Starin’ at your dress ’cause it’s see-thru.” —“Girls Want Girls (with Lil Baby),” by Drake
- “I got my peaches out in Georgia.” —“Peaches feat. Daniel Caesar & Giveon,” by Justin Bieber
- “You’re trading jackets like we used to do, yeah, everything is all reused.” —“Deja Vu,” by Olivia Rodrigo
- “I come back stronger than a ’90s trend.” —“Willow,” by Taylor Swift
- Alexa, play _____.
- “If you don’t jump to put jeans on, baby, you don’t feel my pain.” —“Savage Remix (feat. Beyonce),” by Megan Thee Stallion
- “Gucci tennis shoes running from your issues.” —“In My Head,” by Ariana Grande
- “Ten different looks, and my looks all kill.” —“Money,” by Cardi B
When you want a seasonal caption…
- Fall will always be my vibe. (Like Jordyn’s post above.)
- Falling for this ’fit.
- When your nails say summer but your outfit says winter.
- My [insert season] uniform.
- I have a cute outfit on under this coat, but you’re just gonna have to take my word for it.
- ’Tis the season to wear _____.
- Me: I hate [insert season]. Also me:
And when all else fails…
- No caption needed.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.