1. You don’t have to worry about a broken nail, busted knuckles, and scraped knees. Yoga is an exercise that leaves you feeling energized, not beaten up.
2. Yoga clothes don't take up much space (no shoes required!) so you can toss them in your everyday tote, along with your keys, wallet, phone, kikay kit, planner, snacks, paperback, and everything else a stylish packrat needs.
3. When you’re in full yoga workout gear, you can’t help but feel like an off-duty Victoria’s Secret model.
4. Yoga pants are practically push-up bras for your butt! They hug you in all the right places, and the nice, wide waistband around the middle flattens your tummy magically. And that super cute top with built-in bra and tank overlay? Genius! It keeps you cool since you’re wearing one piece and not two. Not to mention a little skin showing on your back looks om-azing.
5. Athleisure and yoga go so well together. You can head straight from Yin yoga class to the grocery store or to meet girl friends without changing. Just make sure your clothes have sweat-wicking materials.
6. Because yoga improves balance, flexibility, and posture, it can strengthen your neck, shoulders, and back so that you can be better poised to strut your stuff. It can also condition your feet to walk in high heels without the wobble and pain. In short, yoga will give you back your self-confidence.
7. If you can stand on your shoulders or forearms, carrying your mom’s shopping bags along with yours should be a breeze. Plus, that basic chaturanga or low-plank is an intense triceps workout in disguise, that can lead to long, lean arms.
8. Yoga makes you happy. Happy girls are the prettiest because they develop the positive outlook that makes them dress better, smile more often, and become less irritable. Your loved ones, officemates, and maybe that barista from this morning will definitely notice the change.
9. If you’re on a budget because you’re saving up for a big-ticket item, there are plenty of yoga tutorial videos on Youtube, so you can master your asanas or poses right on your bedroom floor. You can even do yoga in bed! #lazygirlworkout
10. Savasana = five-minute beauty sleep. Too short? Then just relax and your most creative (fashion) ideas will come to you when you lay in the final corpse pose. Don’t tell your yoga teacher we said that.
11. Want gorgeous selfies? Snap your photos post-workout! That’s when the yoga glow is most radiant. Don’t worry, that is not short-term because downward dog and other inversion poses help nourish the body from within through better flow of oxygen-rich blood to the skin. Bye-bye prickly monthly facial!
12. Lastly, yoga and fashion are powerful ways to reinvent yourself. In moderation, both can make you feel good about yourself. Getting in shape to pull off the riskier trends doesn’t hurt either.
Follow Apple on Instagram.