After sifting through feeds of select Instagrammers (and developing a slightly serious case of #FOMO in the process), here are 15 stylish #OOTD backdrops for your intense inspiration needs.
1. Green hedge. There’s a certain je ne sais quoi with vertical gardens. Whatever it is, it’s making it hard to resist heart-ing The Blonde Salad’s (@chiaraferragni) nature-inspired outfit posts.
2. Brick wall. Kim Jones (@kimcamjones) snapped her Outfit Of The Day before a wall of bricks in Brooklyn. Chic and effortless!
3. Cute mural. Nicole Warne of @garypeppergirl knows that a wall, painted with cartoony hearts, is a cool background for showing off her nude coat and camel Prada.
4. Patterns. Practically every single post in Aimee Song’s (@songofstyle) Instagram feed deserves a comment and a double-tap, but it's her dreamy, pattern-filled photos that push us to step up our own OOTD Insta-game.
5. Empty field. A living, breathing backdrop fit for Georgina Wilson’s (@ilovegeorgina) Sunnies Studios summer campaign shoot is a likely candidate for the most stylish background in IG.
6. Building façade. Cop the older Enciso sister (@vernenciso) who posed beside a photogenic piece of architecture that complemented her sunny floral dress.
7. Walkway. Sometimes, a brilliant background can be found right at home. A garden with a broad pathway can offer 101 photo-worthy angles. Take inspiration from Mrs. Gab Valenciano’s (@triciacentenera) ‘Sunday funday’ #OOTD.
8. Bridge. A walk across a bridge is a vital part of a local summer trip—so why not turn it into a photo op like what Mikaela Lagdameo-Martinez (@mikaelamartinez) did? It has everything: natural light, blue sea, and a killer view.
9. Street. Wendy Nguyen’s (@wendyslookbook) oversized military jacket + nude booties + blurred cityscape = legit #StreetStyle
10. Stone steps. The charming spot contrasts perfectly with Maggie Wilson’s (@wilsonmaggie) B&W + ripped jeans outfit.
11. Matchy wall. This graffiti wall sort of mirrors Leandra Medine of @manrepeller’s offbeat, downtown style.
12. Beach. When Jackie Go (@gojackiego) chose a breathtaking view of the sun, sand, and sea as a canvas for her bright beach getup, it gained her a slew of likes and a nice souvenir to keep.
13. Colored, solid wall. It’s great how a pop of color on a wall added a striking contrast to Cherrie Liong’s (@cherriemun) monochromatic look.
14. Pillars. Chunky pillars provided depth to Kryz Uy’s (@kryzzzie) snapshot while also allowing her wardrobe choice to shine.
15. Door. If photo opportunities don’t knock on a door this big and intricate, then I don’t know what would! Angela Nepomuceno of @lush_angel admitted to falling in love with this doorway at a Balinese-inspired resort in Batangas.
Do you have more background ideas for your next IG post? Do share them in the comments section below!
Follow Apple on Instagram.