In honor of Valentine's Day, Jean Haner, an expert in face reading and author of The Wisdom of Your Face, tells Cosmopolitan.com what features distinguish a heart-shaped face and exactly what that face shape says about you. (She bases her insights in studies of 3,000-year-old face reading techniques derived from Chinese medicine.)
There are a few ways to define a heart-shaped face, Haner says. The most common characteristics are a face that's widest in the middle where your cheeks are along with a pointed chin. But you could also have a broad forehead that gets really narrow at the bottom where your chin and jawline are; or a face with a widow's peak at your hairline, combined with large cheeks, and a tiny or pointed chin.
Here, Haner tells you what your heart-shaped face could be saying about you.
1. You have incredible sex appeal and a magnetic charm that just draws people in.
You most likely know this about yourself already, so you can be manipulative (aka wrap everyone around your little finger) to get your way.
2. You can be extremely affectionate and you love to make other people feel special.
3. You love stimulation and hate to be bored.
4. You're highly creative and need to express that creativity outwardly, instead of just doing it privately.
5. You're more likely to end up famous than many other kinds of people.
6. You're terrified of rejection.
7. You love the infatuation stage of love when everything is exciting.
But when things start to settle down and get more boring, you may not stick around.
8. You can be major divas and drama queens—it's often all about you.
9. You can be emotionally volatile and react with sharp words before thinking (or caring!) about how you'll affect the other person.
10. You can be indecisive.
11. You can be imperious and conceited; nothing is ever good enough for you.
12. You hate to be criticized and sometimes people have to walk on eggshells around you.
13. You're tightly wound and typically have a lot of energy.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.