As you probably know by now if you are a person who has access to the internet, people were not too thrilled with the final season of Game of Thrones. Between that whole Daenerys Targaryen downfall and Bran Stark ending up on the Iron Throne, there was a lot to be upset about.
So tonight, at the Emmys, when the show won Outstanding Drama Series, people found a reason to be pissed about that. Naturally!
The show was up for a record 32 Emmy awards this year, which is pretty insane. Here are some of the highlights of those nominations:
- Outstanding Drama Series
- Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series: Kit Harington
- Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series: Emilia Clarke
- Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Alfie Allen, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, and Peter Dinklage
- Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Gwendoline Christie, Lena Headey, Sophie Turner, and Maisie Williams
- Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series: Carice van Houten
Peter Dinklage won for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, but other than that, Thrones didn't sweep nearly as much as some people thought it would. Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke didn't win in their categories, and none of the Supporting Actress women took home the trophy in that category, either. And obviously Alfie deserved an Emmy for just existing in this world because... we don't deserve Theon Greyjoy.
So, IDK, everyone can just chill out already. Cool? Cool.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.