- Our very own Rajo Laurel just landed on the cover of Women's Wear Daily (WWD). One of his designs, a cobweb dress, was featured on the cover of the February 9 print edition of WWD, read by millions of people all over the world. Congratulations, Rajo!
- Which Hollywood superstar makes $500,000 per minute of screen time? Julia Roberts! The A-list actress was only in Valentine's Day for a grand total of six minutes, but she got paid half a million dollars for each one. Her total paycheck, if you don't want to do the math: Three million US dollars! Now that's star power.
- The fashion world is devastated over the death of British fashion designer Alexander McQueen, who has clothed big name Hollywood stars like Lady Gaga, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Cameron Diaz. He took his own life a few days after the death of his mother. He was 40. See some of his most eye-catching designs here.
- If the commercials are any indication, networks won't be able to prevent their artistas from taking part in political campaigns this election season. (Really, who can stop Kris Aquino-Yap from supporting her brother Noynoy Aquino?) But in line with the Fair Election Act, ABS-CBN has banned its talents from using their airtime or any other network resources to promote political candidates.
- Angelina Jolie is back from a brief humanitarian trip to Haiti, where she was welcomed by excited locals yelling "Angie! Angie!" She met with officials and visited children and families affected by the earthquake.
- Twilight fans rejoice! If you were expecting only four movies, you're in for a treat because you're getting five. That's right: it looks like they're cutting Breaking Dawn into two films instead of just one, so you get Robert Pattinson (or the recently legal Taylor Lautner) for an extra two hours!
- Ever wonder what Lady Gaga used to look like before the wigs, costumes, and makeup? Now you can find out, because someone found her high school yearbook.
- John Mayer opens his big mouth. Again. This time, he talks about his ex-girlfriend Jessica Simpson and likens being with her to being hooked on drugs. "And drugs aren't good for you if you do lots of them," the singer says of his sexual addiction to the blonde bombshell. Talk about oversharing!
- Channing Tatum gave Ellen DeGeneres a lap dance! When she asked him what kind of dancer he used to be, he replied honestly, saying "I was a stripper. Look, I'm not proud of it, but I'm not ashamed." And of course he gave her a demonstration!
- Johnny Depp wears lipstick, says his longtime girlfriend, French singer and actress Vanessa Paradis, mother of his two children. But he only does it to make his 10-year-old daughter, Lily-Rose, happy. She's begun experimenting with lipstick like most little girls do. "Her father may try some on with her to have fun with it," Paradis says. What a cool dad!
Continue reading below ↓